Chapter SIX

CHANGE

SHE WOKE UP GASPING FOR AIR, tears running down her hot cheeks and for some reason she was on the cold floor. Mindy must have fallen off the bed while dreaming but for a split moment, it all felt too real, as if she was once again in the cove with her father. But then she felt Richard's arms wrap around her and lift her off the floor.

"It's alright, Mindy. Shhh... it was just a nightmare," he whispered into her ear as he held her to him. "Is there anything I could do for you, or would you like to talk about it?" Mindy just shook her head no. "Alright then just try and relax." He returned her to the bed and climbed in next to her placing his arms around her.

But Mindy couldn't relax, she couldn't stop thinking about the whole dream and all that has happened to her in the past but also, she couldn't stop thinking about Richard and how he treated her in the beginning of this all.

"Richard, what is the reason that you chose to be nice to me now? "Mindy asked him.

He just looked at her for a moment and said, "Just sleep." Totally avoids the question, she has just asked him. So didn't argue with him, she did what she was told and closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep in his arms.

Once Mindy woke up in the evening, Richard wasn't beside her and for some reason she began to panic. Where could he have gone? "Richard, "Mindy yelled out for him, but there was no answer. She jumped out of bed and pulled on a red silk robe that he had gotten her body. She didn't like being alone anymore, due to the vampire that tried to kill her in this castle, she didn't feel comfortable.

Mindy started to walk thoughts the door, once she placed her hand on the knob and opened it, that's when she noticed that there was someone standing there like a guard.

"I'm sorry Mindy, but Master Richard ordered me to keep you inside this room and safe," he nicely said to her. All Mindy could do was raise any eyebrow to him.

"Really," she told him. She wasn't going to put up with this shit being locked away in a room every single day and night, so Mindy tried to push past him, but he was quick as hell and pinned her to the door frame.

"Get the hell off me now!" She yelled out.

"I'm truly sorry, but Master Richard ordered me to keep you here and nowhere else," he replied and with that, she could feel her blood boil in anger.

"Let me go, I'm not a prisoner here in this castle!" but he never let her go. She could tell he was a vampire due to his strength.

"Fine, fine," Mindy yelled out again, "You totally win alright." She started to relax some because she knew the only way, he would let her go was to play as he defeated her.

Once he stepped away from Mindy, she ran out the door and down the hall. "Where are you Richard," she yelled out, "Richard!" this place was big, and she had no idea where anything was mostly since she's only been in his bedroom since she's gotten here.

"Focus Mindy!" Try to remover the way to the entrance, which way she walked in. Mindy went down a few hallways and a pair of stairs until she made it down the corridor. She knows that there were probably guards at the door and other places and they would probably just return her back to the bedroom. So, she tried to be quiet and watch my surroundings.

"Mindy, is that you," She heard someone call out her name, Mindy turned around to see that it was Eddie. She suddenly felt her heart stop and then she began to get nervous as if she had done something totally wrong.

He started walking thoughts her in a non-threatening way which made her relax knowing that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her at all. So, Mindy asked him, "Where is he?"

"I have no idea, Mindy. But you shouldn't be roaming around the castle. Please let me take you back to your room," he told her while grabbing her arm, but she jerked it away from him.

"You need to tell me where he is at, you have no right to keep me from him at all, Eddie. I need to know what's going on around here, mostly if you won't tell me where he is."

He looked at her for a moment, like if he was thinking about what he would say to her. "Alright then you're totally right."

"Okay," Mindy said by surprise because she didn't think he would give in that easily.

"So, whenever Richard returns, he could tell you himself," Eddie told her then grabbed her left arm and pinned it behind her. He lifted her up and started him back to the room, which we got there in no time at all. He opened the door and gently put Mindy down and closed the door behind him locking it.

She tried to open it but could, she banged on the door, yelling out, "Let me out of here, now!"

She could hear him through the door telling me, "This is what is best for you, I'm sorry but you need to trust me on this matter."

She didn't say a word after that, she just let herself slide down the door onto the floor. Mindy didn't understand what in the hell was going on around here. She wanted answers about what he was doing, where he was at and why did she have to stay locked away in this room.

She must have dosed off for some time because when she finally woke when she heard the door being unlocked, she got up and was ready to fight her way out until she noticed that it was Richard that walked in. With just one look at him, she was angrier than before.

"Mindy, I'm sorry about his," he began saying to her, but she just ignored him. "O sweetie, are you ignoring me?" She knows that he was trying to joke with her, but she just glanced up at him and scowled and walked over to the bed.

"Mindy, please understand that this was the best thing for you. I need you to know that things need to be this way," he said.

"But why? Why can't I be out there?" Mindy told him.

"It's just having to be this way," he replied.

"That's not a good enough answer," she told him and with that, she got up from the bed and headed for the door once again.

"I said no," he said loudly and grabbed her by my wrist hard and pulled her thoughts him again. But she got free and ran to the door but before she knows it, he had his arms around her.

"Let me go, Richard!" Mindy yelled out as she fought against him.

"NO!" he yelled. He reached down into his pocket and grabbed something,  in which she couldn't see what it was, but before she knows it, she began to feel dizzy, and her body began to go numb then moments later she lost consciousness.