Chapter FOURTEEN

LOCKED AWAY

WE'RE PASSING EDDIE'S ROOM when he opened his door and notice Richard dragging Mindy. "Richard, what the hell is going on here?"

"Mind your business Eddie, this is between Mindy and I," he yelled out to him, "Return to your room."

"Richard, please listen to me," she tried talking to him once again. But he didn't answer her, he just continued to drag her, until they ended up in the dungeon that was near their bedroom. He threw her into a cell and quickly closed the door locking it. She quickly got to her feet, but without a word, she felt this hot liquid running down the top of her head.

Richard pushed her down and got on top of her before she knows it, he had a silver chain fastened around her neck. "No Richard, please you need to hear me out," she tried talking to me.

"No Mindy, you will listen to me," he sends to her, "I will make sure you rot in here you will stay here to the day I decide to come a get you out. You will suffer as much as you just made me suffer, I'll make sure that you don't see the light of day until I'm ready to let you."

"Please, please, I didn't do anything, please."

"Shut up, Mindy!"

"But --," but before she could say anything, she started to feel this sting across her right cheek. Tears began to roll down her face as she thought of the sweet man that wouldn't have done this to her, of the man who was in love with her.

"You should be grateful, I should have tortured you, but this will be your punishment."

"I'm begging you, please don't do this," she begged, "I love you."

Richard looked away from her, "Well my love for you is no longer." And with those last word she was all alone, chain around her neck, Mindy was left alone with nothing but the burning pain.

"PLEASE LET ME OUT OF HERE, PLEASE," she yelled out but there was no answer. So, all she could do was sob and crumbled herself up on the floor. It was freezing cold in the cell, she reached a hand up to the chain, it was heavy and thick, it totally burns her fingers. "Please let me out of here, it hurts......" But Richard never comes back, he never would let her out of this room again. She did nothing wrong, but he didn't want to hear her out, knowing that she was framed by someone.

She tried to think who would want to do something like this to her, who would want her in such pain, but she couldn't think straight due to the pain of the silver chain, before she knows it, she had blacked out.

Mindy woke up due to the cold, the small cell was dark and creepy, and there was only lighted by the moon coming in through a small window. She was feeling hungry, her stomach was totally begging for food, and she felt tired, so tired and weak. So, she just tried to lay as still as she could so that it would hurt so much, she could hear someone on the other side of the wooden door, they were walking up and down the hall.

"Hello," she yelled out, but nobody answered her, instead they just kept walk, Mindy just laid here all alone wishing that Richard would come and talk with her, it wasn't what he thought it was. Her stomach growled once again, but she had to ignore it.

How long have she been in here, hours, days or weeks? All she knows is that she was hungry and thirsty, her throat needs some water because it was sore. Mindy felt dizzy, and her head was spinning, all she knows is that in a moment or so she would once be blacking out. That there was nothing now that she could do, but all she knows is that all she wanted was for Richard to return and let her out of this cell, to hear her out about this whole thing but mostly for him to love her once again, because she still loved him,

She thought to herself, knowing that she was hungry...... that was the last thought she had before she blacked out.

*****

Two Days Later......

Mindy opened her eyes to find that there was a mug of water and a piece of bread, she quickly crawled over to it, but the chain stopped her. "No," she cried out.

She managed to reach out with her foot and touch the mug with her toes, but she ended up tipping the mug and spilling the water all over the floor. But she didn't care, she leaped forward and tried to drink whatever she could of the water that was on the floor, but it was totally no use at all. She couldn't get a drop of water. Mindy closed her eyes tightly, pulled her legs up to her chest, then she felt her stomach just growl. She was so hungry.

Mindy just sat there holding herself, she looked up and saw a pair of familiar eyes looking at her. She knows who it was, and she hope that he would listen to her. "Richard," she whispered completely hoarse. His eyes widen when he saw the wound upon her neck from the chain.

Richard opened the wooden door and walked inside, Mindy was still sitting upon the floor, too weak to rise. He opened the cage and grabbed her put by her neck and pulled her towards the wall. Tears began running down her face, her lips were dry, and her face was as pale as a dead corpus. Richard grabbed a glass of water and bring it up to her lips so that she was able to drink, but Mindy ended up spilling half of it all over herself.

He then led her over to the bed, help her lay down and then he turned and began out of the cage. He grabbed a blanket and tossed it upon her, then placed a plate of bread on the floor so that she would be able to reach it. He left the room without saying a word at all, not telling her anything.

"Please Richard, don't go," she begged him, she fought against the chains to try and back up and get to him.

"Sorry Mindy, but this is your punishment," he said to her without looking at her. He just continued to walk out of the cell.

And that's when she tried to leap towards him, but she fell upon the floor. Mindy just laid there fighting against the chains, ignoring the pain around my neck. "Let me out of here," she yelled out, "Let me out, please!" She yelled out until finally she let gave up, mostly since she started having a problem breathing due to the silver around her throat, the pain was enough to make her black out.

The next morning....

Richard came to believe a plate of food to her, she was covered by blood, just lying on the dirty cold floor, she didn't even bored coving herself up with the blanket. Mindy sat up on the floor, he came over to her and brought the cup of water up to her month, and she took a small drink as he then divided the bread into small pieces so that she was able to eat.

After about five minutes or so he got up and helped her off the floor and into the bed, covering her up with the blanket from the floor, as he turned to leave but she had to let him know one thing and that's when she softly said to him, "I love you."

"Don't say that to me," he replied.

"But I truly do, I love you."

"Don't Mindy, just don't."

"I will forever love you; I love you, Richard."

"DO YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING TO YOU, MINDY, DON'T SAY THAT" he snapped at her, "I don't want to hear that for you!" He closed the cage door locking it behind him.