Chapter 48

---------Ronnie's POV----------

"No... No, it couldn't be..." I whispered, the tears continuing to fall down my cheeks.

"Kate..." Niall breathed.

"You didn't expect it, did you Ronnie?" she asked, a smirk on her face.

I couldn't breathe. Out of all people... I thought I could trust her. I found myself taking a step forward, walking to her slowly.

"I... I thought you were my friend..." I whispered, staring into her eyes. She laughed, throwing her head back. 

"You thought wrong princess," Kate smiled, an unreadable look in her eyes.

"But how? Why?" I asked, searching her eyes for answers.

She only smiled bigger, her eyes narrowing. "Oh, like you don't know," She spat, rolling her eyes.

I furrowed my brows in confusion, shaking my head. "I don't."

She stared at me, her eyes softening. "You... You really don't know, do you?" she asked, tears brimming her eyes. 

I shook my head, reaching up and resting a hand on her shoulder, only to have her shake it off violently. "Don't touch me... Don't you dare touch me," she spoke, hurt in her voice. I furrowed my brows. She looked between me and Niall, tears slipping down her cheeks. "I hate you Ronnie. I've hated you from the day you came here. You're nothing but a stuck up, prissy bitch. You stole what's mine!"

I was shocked to hear such vulgar words tumble from her mouth. This wasn't the Kate that I knew. "I don't know what you're talking about..." I whispered, shaking my head in confusion.

She smiled sadly, sniffling hard as the tears poured down her cheeks faster. "Of course you don't. Of fucking course you don't. You're so naive, Ronnie... believing all those lies I told you about being a loser my whole life."

I blinked, taking in all that she was saying.

She wiped the tears from her cheeks, smiling darkly. "I was a fucking goddess before you came here. Everything was perfect. I was perfect," She continued, "I was the most popular girl in school... until word got out that you were coming. An American." She shook her head in disgust, glaring at me darkly. "I tried to stop it from happening. Because I hated you, people thought that I was a bitch. They hated me... they turned their backs on me. Even my best friend. Which of course, you stole as well!"

My stomach dropped. Becca... She was talking about Becca... that must be why Becca hated Kate so much.

Because she was a monster

When I didn't reply, Kate continued. "It came to the point where I only had my boyfriend left to support me. It was a secret relationship of course... no one could know he was dating a smart girl, even if I was popular. I loved him... until he left, too... until he left and played me!" she cried, glaring at Niall.

I turned in shock, watching as he widened his eyes. No... not him... it couldn't be-

"Kate, shut the hell-"

"No, Niall! No! You wouldn't let me tell anyone about us! You fucking bastard! You left me, you fucking left me!" she sobbed, stepping closer to him. 

I felt my heart dropping, my legs threatening to give out. They had dated before me.... he played her... how much more had I missed? How much more had he not told me??

"Ronnie, when you came and I found out you and Niall were together... I vowed vengeance. That's when I decided, I'd ruin your life. Ruin your life, like you ruined mine!" she cried out, turning to me.