just like this

in which mike taught eleven how to ride a bike

————————————
december 1st, 1985

elevens pov:

it was just another normal day in hawkins indiana, except for the fact that today was the first day of december! mike told me that on december 25th there was this thing called christmas where you give and get gifts and it made me happy. i only just found out about it though because i was gone for a year and hopper never told me.

besides that, we do what we always do. we ride home on our bikes.

i've always wanted mike to teach me how to ride a bike. you know what, maybe i'll ask him!

"mike?" i said sweetly, as we rode away on our bikes.

"yes love?" mike replied while i saw a smile form on his face, but he still kept his eyes glued onto the road.

"can you teach me how to ride a bike?" i asked and he giggled a little.

"i've been waiting for you to ask! of course. when we get home." he replied.

"okay yay thanks!" i said quickly kissing his cheek.

-time skip to when they get home-

"okay, so once you sit on the bike you have to put your feet on the pedals." mike explained to me with visuals of him doing it.

"and then you move your feet...just like this" moving his feet back and forth on the bike, starting to move forward.

"and to stop the bike you just slow down the pedaling and put your feet in the ground" he said stopping the bike and getting up off of it. i smiled.

"now you try" he gestured toward the bike and i slowly walk towards the bike.

i climbed into the bike and put my feet in the position he did before. "do NOT let go of me, okay mike? i'm scared" i said looking at him with worried eyes.

"i won't. not until you get the hang of it" he replied back and i nodded in relief.

i started to move forward. "hey, look at you! your doing it!" mike said to me, giving me more confidence to keep going.

we kept going like this for about 5 minutes when i had a feeling something was missing. i stopped the bike and turned my head to see mike way behind me, smirking and shrugging his shoulders.

i got up and ran over to him smiling and giggling. i put my hands over his neck and he put his on my waist. "you said you wouldn't let go!" i said, giggling.

"but you got the hang of it! why should i of still held on when you were doing it" he said, and i just replied rolling my eyes, smiling.

"whatever, you win. thanks for teaching me" i said.

"anytime." he replied.

and then he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

word count: 482
a/n: okay so bold and italic SUDDENLY stopped working which kind of ruins everything but we'll work through it. anyways i had so much fun  writing this one. bye loves <3
-sara😉