it was one time 3

in which mike and el admit their mistakes to karen, ted, holly, and nancy

——————————————————————
july 3rd, 1988

elevens pov:

mikes parents won't care.

at least that's what i'm trying to tell myself.

when i first met mikes parents, they were nice and supportive, not too overprotective like hopper. that's why i always come here.

but either way we are telling his parents today.

and it's all happening on my eighteenth birthday.

-time skip-

mikes pov:

we got back from celebrating els birthday and now we are going to tell my parents the news.

i hear nancy coming down the stairs.

"hey nance? could you get mom, dad and holly and tell them to go in the living room? you too." i asked, grabbing el by the waist and pulled her to my side.

"yeah, why?" nancy questioned.

"you'll see" i said, waving my hand signaling her to go get mom and dad.

after nancy ran to go find mom and dad, me and el walked over to the living room and sat down.

el started to shake, i could tell because i was hugging her. "el, it's going to be okay. they are the last people we have to tell, and then we don't have to worry about a thing. okay?" i whispered in a calming voice. (crush the turtle from finding nemo🤠🤠👊🏻)

the brown-haired girl nodded and leaned her head on my chest.

soon after, nancy came back with mom, dad and holly. we told them to sit.

"okay so we called you guys over because..." el said taking a deep breath before continuing. "because mikegotmepregnant" el blurted out super fast. we both were feeling much more relieved after it had been said.

nobody said anything at first, just looks of shock and confusion spread across my families faces.

el and i just looked down in shame until we hear somebody speak.

it was nancy.

"when, where and how?" she said, anger lacing through her voice.

i thought this was a pretty stupid question, which gave me a chance to fireback with a smartass response.

"when no one was home. nancy you were somewhere with jonathon and mom dad and holly were out to eat at some restaurant. it was in my room." i laughed a little while saying this because of my next response.

"how?" nancy said, cringing slightly at the thought.

"um, i don't know, maybe the normal way babies are made, by having sex?" i said, annoyance visible on my face. i looked  over at el and she was smiling, trying to hide her laugh.

my whole family cringed as soon as i said the word "sex"

"why" nancy said. i laughed.

"we were bored" i laughed out and el was laughing too.

holly looked kind of scarred, i wouldn't blame her.

my mom and dad kind of just sat there shocked. "i didn't think you had it in ya" my dad finally said, chuckling.

"what?" i asked, not understanding what he was trying to say.

"you know, have sex with a girl. to me you always seemed like the kind of guy who would never" he replied.

i rolled my eyes. "wow, thanks dad"

my mom spoke "okay well, we can do whatever we need to do to prepare for the baby. i'm not mad, just confused." my mom said getting up, the rest of my family following behind her.

el and i were left alone in the living room after that, and i just embraced her in a warm hug. i could tell how relieved she was.

"i cant believe we did it" she whispered. "i cant believe we told them" she said a bit louder.

"me either" i whispered back, grabbing her face and giving her a quick kiss.

628 words
a/n: sorry this took me 74729283 years to write. i've had major writers block over the weeks and yeah i've just been reading for inspiration. this isn't my best work. also do you guys want more:

fluffy mileven oneshots

or

spicy mileven oneshots

comment on the one you want more of and i'll write some of those.
also you guys you should check out my book "crazy together // myself" and it's where i just rant about crap. also i made els birthday july 3rd bc that's my birthday and i'm extra lol bye y'all
-sara