blame mike

in which hopper find something suspicious on elevens neck

————————————————————
august 15th, 1985

the very second the lanky boy walked out the door, eleven hopper flopped onto her bed and looked at her surroundings. her room was filled with drawings and pictures of, you guessed it, mike.

she smiled to her self remembering how fun she had with mike earlier that day. they did their usual make-out sesh.

hopper knew about said make-out seshs, although he did not approve. his threat worked once back at the end of june, but they ended up back together, of course. they were inseparable.

he had no choice but to let them do whatever, as long as the door was always open three inches.

el came out of her room when she remembered that tonight was friday, and miami vice was on.

"dad, it's time for miami vice" el softly said as she walked over to the couch.

hopper patted the couch next to him. el smiled softly and sat down in the seat next to him and cuddled close to her beloved father.

hopper smiled. he hated to admit it, but he was going soft for this girl. he felt happy again, something he didn't feel often until he found the girl against him in the woods.

he looked down at the brown eyed girl fixed on the show playing on the screen. he was smiling at first, until he noticed something on her neck.

"el, what is that?" hopper questioned with a small amount of anger lacing in his voice. he sat up causing el to look up.

"what?" el replied, confused. she truly didn't know what he was talking about.

"el, please move your hair for me." hopper calmly replied, but in reality, he wanted to kill that wheeler kid if it is what he thinks it is.

el does what he asked, and moved her hair to show her neck. she didn't understand what she did wrong, her eyebrows scrunched down in confusion.

hopper gets close enough to see it clear. he looks for five seconds and turned around in a flash. he pinched his eyebrows and darted his eyes back to his daughter.

"el, do you even know what that is? that is a HICKEY, h-i-c-k-e-y, how about thats your word of the day, huh? since you want to be all mature." hopper exclaims angrily, disappointed.

el stands up, angrily. she doesn't understand, what's so wrong about it? she doesn't even know what that word means. "dad what are you talking about?" el shakily replied, her lips quivering. she doesn't like it when her dad yells at her; it reminds her of her time in the lab.

"el, a hickey is a bruise that only forms when someone kisses your neck. there's only one person that would do that to you." hopper loudly exclaims as he grabs a beer from the fridge and take a sip out of stress.

el thinks back, remembering mike kissing her neck that day. she remembered it, but she didn't know what he was doing. she blushed, thinking of his cute face. she immediately snapped out of it when she heard hopper yelling again.

"you are fourteen for christ's sake! FOURTEEN EL! do you understand me? i tell you to leave the door open three inches so i can prevent stuff like this. who knows what other stuff you're doing back there without me knowing. jesus kid." hopper said, quieter this time, collecting his thoughts as he sits at the dinner table.

el takes this chance to get up and walk close to him. she was fully enraged now. "dad! stop it! you can't just control me!" el balls her fists up, and closes her eyes to prevent her tears from running down. "mike would never hurt me! i didn't even know he was doing that! i thought he- he was just kissing it! just stop dad! stop blaming me for stuff!" el yells out, sobbing now. she was so angry, all her emotions balling up and falling out at once. she fell to the ground. she picked  up her knees and brought them right to her chest, sobbing into them.

"okay" hopper blankly says. "i'll blame mike then." hopper said and instantly stood up. her grabbed his hat from off the table and grabbed his keys and started to walk towards the door.

el lifted her head out of her knees. once she realized what was happening, she grew pale.

"dad stop! what are you doing! are you seriously taking it this far? it's not- it's not that serious! please leave him alone, please don't do anything to him." el worriedly cried out as she grabbed hoppers arm to try and pull him back, but he was too strong.

"i just want to talk to him kid." hopper replied, softly smiling. he felt bad, his poor girl was crying in front of him. but he was angered right now. he didn't want her to grow up. but he couldn't stop that.

"please dad, you can talk tomorrow when he comes over please just- just don't do anything bad." el sniffles, still holding onto her dads hand.

"okay kid. okay. but after tomorrow, mike isn't allowed over for the rest of the week, okay? you need a break from him for a while." hopper sighs, putting down his keys and hat and sitting back over to the couch with his beer.

"okay fine, whatever." el replies, sitting back on the couch next her dad.

maybe next time she should try to cover it better.

whatever, it was worth it.

——

wait i'm actually kinda proud of this

i started writing this in march and completely forgot about it until today oops 😳

also we're just gonna like act hopper never disappeared and that the byers never moved away with el okay? but everything else happened

okay bye ily i might post another oneshot later tonight idk ✨