right, sorry

in which eleven and mike try something new

————————————————————
december 19, 1985

mike has been waiting by the basement door for an hour now.

el was on her way to sneak over. and mike had nothing better to do. so, he waited by the door.

as if it was a dream, as soon as mike was going to get up and walk away, he heard a soft knock at the basement door.

knock knock knock, knock, knock knock knock.

their knock pattern.

he immediately stood up and opened the door, to be greeted by mikes one-and-only girlfriend.

el had been able to leave the cabin for a couple days now, and she was beyond ecstatic.

the only reason she snuck out today was because hopper didn't want her to see him today. it was a cold day. but she needed him to warm her heart.

mike let her in and immediately engulfed her in a hug. after a few seconds, they pulled away.

"i missed you," mike started, while staring straight into her chestnut eyes, still holding her hands.

"i miss you more." eleven said, with a smile tugging on their faces.

mike let go of one of her hands and dragged the other with him. he sat her on the couch with him.

"so, what do you want to do?" he asked, his eyes gazing around the room for something they could do.

"mike," eleven started. mikes gaze turned towards her.

"yes, el?" mike asked. he always looked at her with pure eyes. for christ's sake she could snap someone's neck with her mind and he would look at her like she was everything. well, she was mikes everything after all.

"um, can we watch star wars?" she asked, her eyes moving away from his in worry he would reject.

instead his eyes lightened up. "of course el! i'll go get it."

———

it was a little after 5, and the two were now on the second movie in the franchise. el had her head rested on mikes chest, and mike wasn't planning on moving anytime soon.

el was getting bored. she sat up. "mike. i'm bored. can we do something else?"

mike immediately sat up and turned off the tv. "that's okay. let's think of something." mike stated. el nodded her head as they both started thinking hard about what they could do.

el thought of something. "mike. why don't we kiss like the people on the soaps?"

mike was taken aback. his eyes grew wide and he turned a deep shade of red. "i- um i don't know, i guess i just f-figured you didn't w-want to." mike responded, stumbling over his words.

"of course i want to, silly!" el exclaimed. from her words, mike suddenly got a sudden burst of confidence and leaned in, smashing their lips together.

el did the honors and starting moving her mouth against his. el subconsciously leaned back on the couch and mike hovered over her until they found a comfortable position.

in the process of shifting themselves, mike accidentally pressed play on star wars.

"is this okay?" mike quickly asked,  el nodding her head quickly then smashing their lips back together.

"we can stop if you want," mike said quickly. el pulled away from the kiss, opening her eyes so slowly it looked like someone edited it to make it look that way.

"mike! shut up and focus on kissing me!" el said, trying to sound annoyed but in reality, it made her fall more in love with him because he was so caring.

"right, sorry." mike exclaimed, sounding out of breath. he shook his head and they rejoined their lips, continuing.

as the two went on for minutes, they quickly stopped for a deeper breath of air, then continuing for what could've been eternity if a certain someone didn't interrupt.

"ahem." an all too familiar voice said, with her arms crossed around her chest. el and mike slowly separated their lips and turned their heads to see that it was, in fact, nancy.

they quickly jumped away from each other, both with swollen, red lips and messy hair.

"mike, you better have not have thought of going any farther!" nancy yelled, pointing her finger at mike, with him rolling his eyes back.

"i wasn't. and even if i was, you have no place to tell us what we can't do! we're almost 15 for christ's sake. we're not 12 anymore, and you're not my mom!" mike raised his voice in an annoyed tone, basically the only way him and nancy communicate.

"i just can't shake the fact that you guys aren't babies anymore," nancy said in a softer tone, looking down.

mike and el just looked at each other. el spoke up. "yeah so get used to catching us making out," el giggles out, making mike smirk and high five el.

nancy giggles a bit too, then started walking away. as she was halfway up the stairs, she stopped and turned around, yelling out to both of them. "KEEP IT PG DOWN HERE, OKAY?"

"WE'LL TRY!" mike and el both yelled back in sync.

they won't try.

———

a/n:
hey hoes i'm back with another shitty mileven oneshot bc i've been diagnosed with writers block 😔😔

dt to ava bc she helped me write half of this so 😛😛 EMOWHEELER