all grown up

in which karen walks in on something she didn't expect

———————————-
december 22, 1987

karen's pov: (what a rare sight to never be seen again!

i was making my way to the basement to tell eleven and mike that dinner was ready since she was staying the night. i trust them to not do anything 'dirty'.

i walked past the christmas tree that was well decorated and started walking down the stairs.

they were talking.

"mike! stop!" eleven laughed, while mike continued to tickle her.

"okay, okay i'll stop. on one condition. if you kiss me" mike said, with a smirk on his face. i was taken back.

they kiss?

i mean surely they would, they've been dating since around 1984, i've just never see them do it before, so it shocked me.

"of course, is that even a question?" eleven said in a softer, quieter, more seductive voice while leaning in.

i feel like such a creep, watching them from the stairs like this, but i'm interested.

they leaned in, with one of elevens hands on mikes chest and the other in mikes hair.

i looked away for a second, to see what time it was, and when i turn back around they were still kissing.

they were...making out.

you know i didn't mind it, but it was still a little shocker at first. my little boy is all grown up!

i decided to get up and leave to let them have their personal space, but once i heard talking again i decided to come back down to tell them dinner was ready for real.

they were smiling at each other, and when i came down they immediately snapped their heads to the tv.

"dinners ready, but you don't have to pretend to not be in love. i saw it all" i said, turning around and walking back upstairs, seeing their shocked faces from the corner of my eye.

yeah, i'm that kind of mom.

word count: 316
a/n: thank you guys so much for all the support on this book! also, idk if you noticed but i changed my profile picture to an actual picture of me, and i changed my username and i tried many and i think i like this one most. and when i reach 100 followers i'm going to do a face reveal so we are only 48 away but bye loves <3
-sara🍩