Ch 12- That Would Be Enough

^Terrible pic by meeee

Eliza POV 

      It's been about a week, and the group knows that I love him. Martha walked in my room and said that I could see Alexander. I guess it's time to tell him what I know. I walk in and see Alex smiling at me. As gentle as I can, I run up and kiss him. When I pull back, he's staring at me, wide-eyed. I sat at the end of the bed looking at him and about to cry. 

Eliza- Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now. Alex, I know that this is all a dare.

Alexander-.... how long have you known?

Eliza- A week or so.

Alexander- Eliza! You should've told me.

Eliza- I talked to your nurse a week ago-

Alexander- No...

Eliza- I begged her to let me see you.

Alexander- You should've told me.

Eliza- I'm not sorry! I never you'd be here until you were released-

Alexander- I've got another week-

Eliza- But you deserve a chance to see your friends! Look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.

Alexander- Will you relish being a poor mans friend, even though I lied to you?

Eliza- I relish being your friend... Look around, look around. Look at where you are. Look at where you started. The fact that your alive is a miracle! Just stay alive, and that would be enough. And if the world saw a fraction of your smile or a fragment of your mind, look out world! That would be enough.

       I look back at him. He smiles, but I know that it's his way of saying "Thanks for the help! But your not helping". I sigh.

Eliza- I don't pretend to know the challenges your facing or the worlds you keep erasing and creating in your mind. But I'm not afraid. I know who I befriended. So as long as you are safe at the end of the day, that would be enough.

      He's still sad. Look man, I'm trying me best!

Eliza- We don't need a legacy and we don't need money. If I could grant you peace of mind, if you could let me inside you heart... let me be a part of the narrative in the story they will write some day. Let this moment be the first chapter where you decide to stay...

     I turn and see him sad. I quickly take his hand and he looks at me with sad eyes.

Eliza- And I could be enough, and WE could be enough. That would be enough!

      He kisses my hand, and we fall asleep in each others arms.  

Oof, I'm so excited that this is happening XD.