Ch 17- The Date

Eliza POV

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg what did I just do??

     The last thing I knew, I was angry at Alex when I shouldn't have. Now, I'm letting my friends pick my outfit for a date I have with Alex. Sure, I know that this is all a dare, but I think that I actually have feelings for him. And I'm scared about what will happen once they finish it. Will we all still be friends? Will Theo and Burr stay away from each other? Will Alexander stay with me? And why is Maria acting weird?? I have so many questions.

Peggy- No, no, no, no....

      My sisters are just throwing my clothes on the floor when they shouldn't be and it's making me angry.

Eliza- Guys

Angelica- Ugh, nooooo

Eliza- Guys

Peggy- No, no, no, no, no

Eliza- Guys

Peggy- Hmm?

Eliza- What are you doing?

Angelica- We're looking for your outfit with your date with Alex,

Angelica/Peggy- ooOOOH

Eliza- I mean, why are you throwing my clothes around?

Peggy- Because you have no good clothes.

Eliza- Excuse me?

Angelica- Peg's right. These are all terrible.

Eliza- Hey, I wear what I want and like and I like comfy clothes!

Peggy- Fine, but don't come running for us for fashion advice when you end up single and living alone with 81 cats with freaking long Rapunzel hair and have no one to care about you.... just like Grandma's Great Aunt Judy. She tells the story every Thanksgiving....

Eliza- Ugh fine. But I'm only letting you help me find my outfit because I love you and because I don't wanna end up like her.

        We look through my sister's closets, my friend's closets, and five stores. Now, my sister finally settled for the mall, which I'm happy about because there's food there.

Angelica- Hey, look who's here!

      She points to someone behind me, and I follow the finger.

Eliza- Oh crap. What's he doing here?

Angelica- He's here because he loves you,

Angelica/Peggy- Oooooh!

      I quickly go into a store and hid- or pretend to be someone else by putting on a disguise- and pretended to look at clothes when I really was looking at Alex. Of coarse, he walks into the same store as me when he and the boys see my sisters. Angelica makes her way to him and I'm panicking. She grabs his arm, oh God I'm through. She points to me and he looks back at me and suddenly I'm helpless. My goodness, those eyes. 

     The moment was over when I see him walking over to me. Ok, time to get my Russian accent ready. This scene is not to offend anyone, take that the 4th wall....

Alex- Hey, Eliza.

Eliza- Err, I don't know dat gurl is, I am- uhh- Helga Romanov..?

Alex- Huh. So, Helga, where are you from?

Eliza- New Yo- ahem- I'm from the far land of Russia. And where you from, good sir?

Alex- I'd rather not say. So what's Russia like?

Eliza- Ummm.... really cold and, filled with cows and goats?

Alex- Eliza, cut it out. Why are you so afraid to see me?

Eliza- It's nothing. It's just really.... awkward. 

       We spend some time together and talk a bit. 

Eliza- Hey Alex, is this suppose to be the date?

Alex- Wow, needy aren't you? 

Eliza- Heh, I'm just a bit confused.

Alex- Well... sure why not. Where do you wanna go?

Eliza- Well, I've been around town all day, so can we try and stay in the mall?

Alex- Anything for you, sweety. 

Eliza- What?

Alex- Sweety?

Eliza- Are you seriously trying to flirt with me? Key word: trying.

Alex- Hey, do you wanna know what my shirt is made of?

Eliza- Not really-

Alex- Boyfriend material.

Eliza- *face palm* I can't believe you just said that.

Alex- Hey, your pretty and I'm cute. 

Eliza- No

Alex- Together, we'd be pretty cute.

Eliza- No.

Alex- Are you McDonald's?

Eliza- Don't you dare.

Alex- Because I'm lovin' it!

Eliza- T-that's it i-i'm done!

       I can't help but keep laughing at his terrible pick-up lines. After calming down, we say bye to our friends and go our own way. We went shopping, played games, specifically hide-and-seek and pranks, and got ice cream. At the end of the day, Alex and I ate our ice cream in front of a sunset. Right now, I would say that this moment is really cliche, but I just can't believe the day I just had.

Alex- Eliza, I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, a normal family, or a dollop of fame. All I have is my honor, a tolerance for pain, a couple school credits, and my top-notch brain.

       I couldn't help but giggle when he gave me a two-finger salute.

Alex- Insane, your family brings out a different side of me: Peggy confides in me, Angelica tried to take a bite of me.

      Oh HELL NAW

Alex- No stress, my love for you is never in doubt. We can make a special place for us, and us only, then we'll figure it out. I've been living without a family since I was a child. My father left, my mother died, I grew up buckwild. But I'll never forget my mother's face, it was real. And as long as I'm, Eliza, swear to God you'll never feel so helpless.

*time skip to the next day at school*

Alex POV

      Yesterday was great. I gave vows promising me all of me, then shared a kiss, and went our separate ways. All day, I've been leaving notes in her locker. I sometimes even daydream about her.

Lafayette- Alex! Petit lion! 

      I looked at Laf, who was snapping his fingers in my face.

Lafayette- Mon ami, are you alright? Alex? Alex!

Alex- Hmm?

Lafayette- How was it, last night?

Alex- Oh, Eliza?

      He nods in response. I take a moment to think about her and smile.

Alex- Eliza.... I've never felt so helpless. Now I know my life will be fine....

       I take a deep breath.

Alex- 'Cause Eliza's in it.

oof that happened. Thanks to "Thought Catalog" for those embarrassing pick-up lines! I really hope that Eliza being in a disguise and pretending to be Russian and that whole scene didn't offend anyone!! Ok bye.