Chapter Five

"What did your uncle exactly train you with? A paper bag? You're hopeless," Niall didn't hold back from commenting on how inadequate and unprepared I was. I was glad actually, that he said the straight-up truth without hiding it in the bush.

I huffed out as my chest throbbed from my lack of oxygen. I sat on the ground and tried to get my breath in order, to maintain my conscious. I held up a finger as I closed my eyes.

"No. Get up, we don't have time to waste," he commanded in an authoritative tone that made my spine shiver.

I stilled and glowered at the sudden feeling that sparked through me. "What the heck is happening to me?" I muttered to myself.

"Excuse me?" Niall asked.

I opened my eyes and shyly gazed up at him. My cheeks graced themselves with the bright pink color as I tried to do otherwise. "Nothing," I muttered and got up.

"Let me ask you this," he said as he circled me, this time I was too tired to round myself with him, "don't you think you have forgotten something I specifically told you to always keep it with you no matter where you go?"

I frowned, trying to recall what kind of important thing that I had forgotten. "Um, I don-" I paused when a black, heavy thing popped up in my mind. I cursed under my breath and squeezed my eyes shut.

He sighed once he was behind me. "Are you always this irresponsible?" He said, his voice dropping a notch as I felt him too close to me.

I gulped and thought back to the times I had been careless in. "Y-yes," I answered honestly. 

Slowly, I turned around to face him. I was right when I had predicted that he was too close, but for some odd reason, my body yearned it. I linked it to the fact that it was because he was the only familiar face here and because I had been missing my parents too much lately.

I stepped away from him and cleared my throat, I was frustrated because of the amount of confusion that laid in me, but I didn't let it show. Before he could say anything, I had sneezed on his T-shirt, because I didn't have enough time to react. My eyes widened and my cheeks set themselves on flames once I realized what I had unintentionally done.

Niall's eyes were glaring at his T-shirt as if he could see my spit on it. I, for one, had a soft sneeze, like my mother, so not much spit could escape me. What made me feel guilty the most, was the fact that it might be carrying germs of the flu I might've caught.

"I-I-I'm s-o s-sorry-" I jumbled my words all over my tongue, barely getting out a proper word.

He had cut me off by taking the T-shirt from his body, revealing a black tank top. "Don't worry about it," he cleared his throat. "It was dirty anyway.".

His muscly arms had caught my attention, making me a hot mess. I had never been attracted to anyone as much as I was to him, and it was making me beyond confused. I had kept in my mind that I had always felt that way only towards him, but I had abstained from admitting it.

I took my eyes elsewhere as I pretended to stretch my arms above my head. Though, when I did that, I didn't miss his eyes raking my own body then looking away. 'Does that mean that he's attracted to me too?' I thought. As soon as that thought entered my mind, I had burned it down, because I wasn't supposed to distract myself when I had some great responsibility weighing down on my shoulders.

A hand was pushed against my forehead, startling me. "You're a bit warmer than usual," he said as worry struck his face.

I frowned. "Damn it," I muttered.

"That doesn't mean that I'll spare you from training," he said and narrowed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and frowned. "I'm not asking you to spare me. I'm not as delicate as you think!" I snapped at him.