Chapter Thirteen

Not long after my... discovery, I fell asleep in his arms. I couldn't say it was the best snooze, but it held security, and security was what I was seeking. Even in my sleep, his scent was there, present, and declaring its reign over me. 

Also, I had dreamed over and over again about that horrible night. Despite the strange but exciting feelings that that cognizance unlocked inside of me, it also unlocked the horrible, not-dealt-with, feelings. Everything was like that, everything had two sides, the light and good side, and the dark and bad side that no one wanted to unleash and deal with.

Because we don't like to fight our wars, we expect them to fight themselves.

We were born with that wretched trait.

Of course, I was talking about ninety-nine percent of creatures. That one percent, as I liked to call them the Valiants, were the only ones who knew how to live through this world and remain strong.

My father was a Valiant.

Unfortunately for me, I took after my mother, she gave me her over-sensitivity.

As I thought -more like hallucinated- about that night and my mother and father, Niall was carrying me securely in his arms, and I acknowledged that in the back of my head. I was in that half-asleep half-awake stage. Thus I was semi-up and hallucinating at the same time because I definitely hallucinated something that I would slap my subconscious mind for once I wake up. 

"When are you telling her?" Someone said who I think was Zayn.

"I knew it!" Star exclaimed as she squealed.

"Shut up," Niall grumbled as he tightened his hold on me, "I'm not gonna tell her about that."

"What the fuck?!" Zayn emitted.

"Why?" Star whined.

"Because he's a pussy cat," Harry said and chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up, Harry," Niall snarled out.

"I don't know man," Zayn said as he sighed out heavily, "Soulmates are rare, you don't want to lose that."

I was definitely hallucinating.

I've heard snippets about soulmates from Liza and Daniel, and I've only read about them in fictional novels, so I've concluded that not many found their soulmates.

And I wasn't anyone's soulmate. I was doomed to be alone.

***

Something was caressing my cheek. Something cold and soothing.

I liked it.

And in my semi-awake state, I've leaned into that touch and gently rubbed my cheeks against that cold... thing. I took a huge breath in and caught a scent, a strong one. I couldn't identify what it was in my hazy state, but I liked it.

"Such a cat," a strong sarcastic voice said.

The cold, soothing thing pulled away from me, causing me to finally register what was happening and open my eyes. I came face to face with Niall and Lou looking -staring- down at me. I frowned as I stretched my arms up. Then, I looked around me. 

I didn't know where we were, but this place looked way nicer than the older one. "Where are we?" I whispered.

I looked back at Niall and Lou and waited for an answer. "Niall's place," Lou answered when Niall didn't.