Chapter Seven

I held my poor, frail hand to my chest and caressed it. "What the heck are you made of?"

He, not surprisingly, neglected my comment and walked out of the camouflaged building. I walked out behind him, keeping a good distance between us, a safe distance. 

I had always wondered what would my future be, and among the prognostications that I envisioned, where I was wasn't among them. I had never dreamed of speaking to Niall, let alone join him in his badass organization, doing badass stuff... and sleeping right beside him. Unplanned things like this were never comforting to me. It got me anxious. 

"Elina," Niall called out to me. "Come here quick.".

I trotted to him and stood right beside him. I looked ahead of us and noticed a few abandoned shopping places and a supermarket. "You're taking me shopping?" I chuckled. 

"No," he said bluntly, there was also a tinge of anger there. Though he was undeniably hard to understand, I was starting to get used to him.

Was it okay to get used to something you didn't understand?

"Then?" I asked, trying to remain blasé. He didn't need to know that I was scared.

"I was informed that a few Fishnarts, about five, landed here a few minutes ago.".

I looked at him, my neck almost breaking due to the sudden and fast movement. "What?!" I growled. It wasn't really a growl. It was a wannabe-growl. "Do you want us to die?!"

Now, I was terrified.

He looked down at me, with indecipherable eyes, much to my great dismay and disappointment. "If we die, then it's our time. We can't escape nor avoid death, Elina. You either die a coward, or you die a brave one," he said while staring right into my eyes. "Do you want to go away without trying to get back our planet, or do you want to die without doing anything?"

I remained silent, wondering if I should tell him my deepest, most important, wish. Everyone knows though, wishes should remain unsaid if you wanted it to happen. "Tell me what exactly to do," I said as I drifted my eyes away from him.

"Your gun?" He said. I got it out from the jacket's pocket and showed it to him. "Alright, we're going to quietly sneak there, try to locate where they exactly are, you never know, they may have a base there. We could blow it up. If they don't, we will eavesdrop and try to know where they are.".

As stupid as that sounded, it could work.

"You do realize they speak an alien language," I said as I squinted at him. "I have a feeling you want to kill me.".

He chuckled. "If you die, I die.".

"And if you die?" I said, waiting for him to complete my sentence. I wasn't going to let my suspicious just fade. I had to know why me.  

"You stay alive, you have to," he said and started to walk towards the supermarket. 

I walked behind him, trying to make the lightest sounds with my shoes. We sneaked into the supermarket from the behind door. The behind door led to the storage room. My eyes landed on a Reece's chocolate bar, and suddenly I craved it. I reached my hand to it and took it. I checked the due date on it, and unfortunately, its due date was two years ago. I put it back to its original place with a disappointed face. I pointed my attention back to Niall and found his attention fully on me. 

I was embarrassed. 

Why did I always embarrass myself in front of him? It was getting really frustrating.