Chapter Twenty One

Elina's POV
I walked behind her as I focused on her long black hair. Her dark skin glistened like gold under the sun's rays.

She was beautiful.

Her beauty came with a deadly price. But, at that moment, nothing phased me. There was a switch that was flicked on inside me, it made all the fear, anxiety, and sadness disappear. It felt as if I was a plastic doll, except that I was willingly suicidal.

I knew she could slaughter me any second now, but I didn't care. Not at all.

"You can stop calling me Ms. Willows, that woman was long dead, and I'm tired of pretending to be her," she looked back at me and winked. "You can call me Phaedra."

"How long have you been pretending to be Ms. Willows?" I asked.

She stopped in front of a motorcycle and looked at me. There was a weird glint in her eyes as she looked me up and down. She chuckled as she answered me, "for a year now."

I nodded as I processed the new information while she intensely looked at me. "Are you in love with me or something?" I said as I stepped towards her. I raised an eyebrow as she smirked and continued, "the sexual tension coming off of you amazes me, but I don't swing that way."

She pouted as her hand reached out to grab a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. 'Bright,' a sounded echoed in my mind when her hand touched my face.

"I can make you forget that little boy if you just let yourself experience... things," she said as her hand went down my body and stopped right above my private area.

I grabbed her neck and pulled her towards me so quickly she only could gasp. "Touch me again," my lips a few inches away from hers as I whispered, "and I'll make sure you beg me to kill me."

I pushed her away, making her stumble back into the motorcycle. She was still surprised as she stared at me. Her expression mirrored what I was feeling inside. I had no idea where all of that came from.

Could a heartbreak cause all of that?

'The thing is, I don't want a soulmate.' Niall's voice echoed in my mind.

I grew angrier.

The next thing I knew, I was on top of her punching the shit out of her, but the thing was, I saw Niall's face instead of hers. I wanted to rip off every hair on his head, one by one. I desired to scratch his skin off, slowly. I yearned to dig my hand through his chest to his heart just so that I can squeeze the blood out of it.

But I didn't want him to die.

Dying would be too merciful for him.

"Elina!" A voice screamed as I was pushed off of her. 

Her. I blinked and realized who I was beating up. She looked at me with wonder and amazement. One would think she would've killed me after all the damage I had done. The blood that ran out of her nose somehow suited her. It fitted that chaotic smile she was giving me as blood dripped out of her mouth as well.

My wide eyes looked at the bruises that were starting to heal. Then, I pointed my sight at my hands and stared. Although my knuckles were fucked up, I couldn't feel the pain. Those tiny, delicate hands that did creative art could also inflict damage. 

I should've felt remorse that moment. But I felt something else.

I felt power.

***

Niall's POV

"We could attack from the front, but we're not only outnumbered, but we're also weaker," Zurie, the former princess of the Russian vampire kingdom and now a co-founder of the organization spoke as she pointed to the drawn map of one of the bases of Fishnarts.