Chapter Nine

"Yes, Elina?" Star said as she waited for me to say what I had to say.

I cleared my throat and broke our eye contact by looking up, I became hesitant to confront her. "How are we going to go up?" I asked.

'What if she was evil and killed me?' I thought.

From the corner of my eye, I saw her looking up. "Have you never rock climbed?"

"Rock climbed?"I said as I tried to remember if I had ever climbed mountains or even trees. "Nope, we were too busy with Fishnarts."

"Okay, hold on to my back," she said as she gave me her back, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and my legs around her waist.

She started climbing, effortlessly may I add. I was amazed at her strength. I wondered if all mermaids were as strong as her, or if she was a unique one, just like her eyes. I saw her dad's eyes, they were nowhere near Star's bright eyes. There was something mysterious and I was curious about it.

As we neared the cliff, she looked back at me. "Duck your head a bit."

I did as told and lowered my head to her shoulders. I looked up with my eyes at her. Her sharp ear was pointing out of her hair, and it was moving. My eyes widened at the sight, it was... weird, made me not want to touch her, but then, as I looked at her, I remembered when she covered her private parts with her beautiful hair... and it hit me like a rock, I was hanging on to a naked Star.

I was scarred for life.

"All clear," she said as she scaled the cliff and sat on the floor of the cliff. I coughed as a shiver ran through my body at the cold wind.

I wasn't sure how I wasn't sick yet. I took a glance at Star and indeed she was naked. I looked around at the forest to make sure no one was hiding and watching. I took Niall's jacket off, which was wet and did nothing to protect me from the freezing air. I turned around to Star as I looked at her figure then down at Niall's hoodie. I wasn't sure it would cover her, she was pretty tall.

"Close your eyes," I asked her.

She did as told. I took off the hoodie that I was wearing, leaving me in only my dirty, wet bra. Then, I wore Niall's jacket and zipped it up. I was pretty sure I would die of hypothermia if I didn't change into dry clothes as fast as possible.

I threw the hoodie at her and she opened her eyes and glanced down. "Wear it," I said.

"I don't know how," She said as she glanced at it with confusion.

I sighed and got closer to her. I took the hoodie from her and squeezed the water out of it as best as I could. "Raise your arms, please," I asked and waited for her to do that.

She did as she looked at me with innocent eyes. Flashbacks of my mum dressing me like that hit my mind and I did my best to bury them. I couldn't risk having a panic attack when I didn't have my inhaler... nor the energy to fight it. I pushed her arms where they belonged and then pushed her head through the neck collar, and smoothed down the hoodie over her body.

I stood up. "Stand up," I said as I ushered her up.

To say the least, she had wide shoulders and was tall, taller than Niall for sure. The hoodie came just above her hips. I thought about what else I could do. I couldn't let her walk like that, naked and cold. Plus, I was taking her to a place full of guys, fifteen guys to be more precise.

I took off my sweatpants- I meant, Niall's sweatpants. Luckily Niall's jacket was so big at me it reached down to my mid-thigh. I squeezed the water out of them too as best as I could. I took her left leg and passed it through the left side and did the same for the right one. Then, I pulled them up till they reached her hips, trying my best to avoid looking at her... area.