Chapter Fourteen

After Louis gave me a rounded bright pink pill and I swallowed it, Niall vociferously barged in the cottage, his footsteps too boisterous. Then, I heard a loud plop followed by a grunt, which made Louis laugh hysterically. I frowned as I tried to guess what happened and kept a wary ear to any sound. A loud groan sounded across the house.

Then, I laughed alongside Louis.

"Did he f-fall?" I said as I wheezed, my mouth numb from how wide it was open.

Louis laughed louder at my question and I took that as a definite yes.

Niall grumbled a curse as he shuffled up, the sound of plastic bags accompanied his curse. Louis laughed louder and harder and I was yet to find out what was it that was funnier. I leaned as far as I could so I could at least hear what was happening.

"Mate!" Louis laughed as he exclaimed, " Oh, my God!"

Niall stood outside the door with the plastic bags, "what?!" He snapped at Louis.

"Man, I don't think she needs that many pads!" Louis chuckled and tried to control his laugh.

The least I could say about myself was that I could've drowned in misery and embarrassment. Not only was I feeling my embarrassment, but I was also feeling Niall's too. Just by imagining Niall collecting too many pads and looking freaked out as he did and probably running all the way here made me feel so embarrassed for him.

I could only wonder what he felt.

"Shut up," Niall grumbled to Louis as Louis continued to laugh.

I groaned as I rubbed my face. Who would've thought I could embarrass myself to this point?

"Elina," Niall called.

I reached my hand to the door and opened it a couple of centimeters, and Niall pushed the huge bag of pads in and slammed the door behind me.

And all of a sudden I was angry at the way he acted.

Did he think I was disgusting or something like that?

A while later, I got out of the bathroom, angry and in pain. Niall was standing rigidly by the kitchen's entrance, his eyes wide open as he looked at me. I scowled at him and flipped my hair. I was intent on showing him how angry I was. 

'You're overreacting,' my inner voice said.

'Am not!' I thought as I scowled deeper.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Louis silently tiptoeing to Niall. Once he reached Niall, he looked at me warily as he whispered, "I think we should feed her."

"She looks like she's about to eat my flesh," Niall whispered back.

I wouldn't call it whispering, as I could hear what they were saying. "You both better shut up," I whispered to them. 

Niall dashed inside the kitchen, grabbed my dish of what looked like fish and mashed potato, warily walked towards me, and handed me the dish and a fork. I was still scowling at him as I took them from him. Then, I turned around and sat down on the couch.

"You might want to wash your hands," I said bitterly, "you don't want to catch something from me. Periods tend to be highly contagious diseases."

Silence fell upon us as I dug into my delicious fish. I was so hungry and that was part of why I was so angry and immature. Niall walked and stood in front of me and stared down at me, he opened his mouth to say something, but it seemed that he couldn't form the correct words for whatever he wanted to say.