Chapter Seventeen

"I didn't take you for an arrow and bow girl," Niall mumbled from beside me.

"I didn't either," I whispered and looked him in the eyes. "It just seems like there are so many things that I don't know about myself."

I hoped he'd get the hint and explain.

His face stayed neutral as he nodded. "You'll eventually figure out everything," he said.

I looked away from him slowly and focused back on the site in front of us. We were supposed to catch some Fishnarts on that site. According to that Brooklyn guy, Fishnarts always came here to feed. 

In all honesty, I did not trust that Brooklyn guy.

Not one bit. 

And I've made my opinion clear for Niall, but he told me he trusted him, thus I should trust him. My gut rarely made a mistake, and I wasn't about to suspect it or shrug it off, but Niall trusted him... and I trusted Niall.

The site we were looking at was nothing special. It was an abandoned elementary school that fell only a couple blocks away from our high school. The weather was eerie, it wasn't snowing nor was it raining, something was wrong and I could strongly feel it in my gut.

"Something's wrong, Niall," I whispered, my breaths shaky.

"Calm down, miss third eye," Serenity said from my other side, "If anything was to happen, you have me, Niall and Ryder."

I rolled my eyes at her statement. I was sick of being this powerless. Everyone had their powers and came from special species, and there was me, just an ordinary human.

'With a great sense of gut, though,' my inner voice said.

'True, something is going to happen,' I thought and suspiciously scanned the area in front of me.

'But... what if they were behind us?'

As soon as that thought crossed my mind, I felt a weird sensation of being watched crawl up my back. Slowly and quietly, I undid the safety button on the gun that I was holding and took in a huge breath. 

As fast as I could, I turned around, pointing the gun at whoever was behind me. Right behind us were so many Fishnarts, their eyes glowed yellow in the dim light. I started shooting everywhere as I backed out. Niall, Serenity, and Ryder doing the same thing as me.

"Elina! Run!" He yelled as he put himself in front of me. 

The Fishnarts were slowly advancing towards us, not affected by the bullets at all. The gun in my hand soon ran out of bullets, so I pulled the bow and arrow from behind me and pointed at one of the Fishnarts that looked like it was leading the others. 

'Shoot at the eyes,' my inner voice said.

I pointed at its freaky yellow-glowing eye and took a huge breath in. I shot the arrow and pulled another one so fast and shot it at the other eye. The Fishnart didn't stop and continued walking, but it seemed that this time it walked a bit clumsier, it was hitting the Fishnarts beside it as it walked.

'This is it! You found a weak spot!' My inner voice exclaimed.

"No Elina!" Serenity shouted as she shot an arrow at a Fishnart's heart. "When you take one sense from them, the other senses will only get stronger!"

"Elina! I said fucking run!" Niall said again as he backed at me, causing us both to fall on the ground, him on top of me.

"Fuck! Get up!" Ryder said as he tried to shoot and the same time helping Niall up.