Chapter Nineteen

*sensitive suicidal content, please go to author note*

***

The man, who probably was the one who pushed me, looked back at me. His angry eyes immediately widened with horror and gasped. The woman looked at me with alarm and gasped. As I looked at her eyes, I realized she was not my mother. My heart broke the longer I looked at her, she resembled my mother so much, the only difference was the eye color.

While my mother's eyes were green, this woman's eyes were blue.

The last thing I remembered before surrendering to the darkness was the woman's dark long hair. I remembered when I was mesmerized with my mother's dark long hair and I would play with it every chance I got.

Every once in awhile I would emerge from the darkness, and notice the trees that walked past me, or was I the one walking past them?

Nonetheless, I still felt rough arms around, they were warm but held no safety. My mind was going crazy while my body couldn't move a muscle. I was internally crying, but no tears came out of my eyes. 

I never signed up for this life.

I never wanted to be birthed into this world. I never wanted to be abandoned by my parents. I never wanted to be abandoned by my friends. I never wanted to walk into this with Niall. I never wanted to be tossed around and beaten up by people who I never wanted to declare war against.

I just wanted to live in peace.

But they won't let me live in peace.

And I only had me to blame. I could've said no to Niall. I could've told my friends that I either go with them or I go back to Jessie's and Jane's. I could've run away when I had the chance.

I could've ended my life when I had the chance.

'You still can.'

An echo was banging at the back of my head while I thought over my last thought, my will to live wasn't exactly strong enough. Although all that I wanted was to sleep, the banging was starting to annoy me. I tried to open my eyelids but I had no power left, so I focused on trying to hear as much as I can.

"-betray us?!" A deep voice growled.

"Does she look harmful?" The soft voice argued. "She tried to hide Carlos when she herself was injured more than him!"

"I don't like her! She has a faint vampire scent!"

The woman sighed as she walked closer to me, she bent down to my hair and sniffed. 

I bet I smelt like sardines.

"Hold on for a second," she said in alarm and sniffed again, "that smells like-"

"A fucking vampire, I already told you," the male said, huffing.

She stayed quiet for a few seconds, then, she muttered the name that made my heart jolt, "not any vampire, the one and only Niall Horan."

The man this time stayed quiet. No words were said afterward as I drifted back to sleep.

***

"We should wake her up, we're almost there," the male grunted.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, "are you awake?" the woman said.