2 - The weirdo knows

Peter's POV

Did I make the right choice by rejecting Mr. Stark's offer? I mean, he said it was a test, but I can't help but think that he actually expected me to take the suit and become a new Avenger...

And even though it's been hours since MJ asked what was my secret, I couldn't get my mind off it. What if she figures out that I'm Spider-Man? I mean, she's such a smart girl, and I've already talked to her as Spider-Man before, so she might have found my voice a bit too familiar for her. Ugh, hopefully she won't figure it out or Mr. Stark will definitely kill me. Having your best friend, who kinda has a big mouth know about you being a superhero is just too much already.

I stepped into my room, took off my headphones, and called for my aunt, as I saw a paper bag lying on my bed. There was a writing on it that said "This belongs to you" from Tony Stark, which made me feel excited. Could this be...MY SUIT!

I took it out of the paper bag, excitedly, and wore it nearly immediately. I missed wearing this suit, it was just...it made me feel special, in a way. I took off my mask to take in a breath of air, and looked outside my window, when suddenly I heard someone scream from my bedroom door.

"WHAT THE FU--" Aunt May exclaimed in shock, while I turned around and covered her mouth.

"Aunt May, I can explain--" She took my hand off her mouth and cut me off.

"Peter Parker! Would you care to explain why you were walking around your room and dangling in this?" She was furious at me, I knew that. Obviously, lying to your only living family is a terrible thing to do. And I was also still in shock with what just happened, but just so no one eavesdrops from outside the window, I locked it shut, put down the blinds, and locked my door. I've got a lot of explaining to do...

About an hour later

"So, you're telling me that after you were bitten by a spider, you gained some spider senses and powers, and then you became Spider-Man? And Tony Stark's internship involved you being Spider-Man, to help him fight off Captain America, and he gave you a new suit? And that's the reason you keep missing classes? You should've told me this since you first realized your powers, Peter." She looked disappointed in me, because I lied to the one person who was always there for me when my parents and Uncle Ben died. I know that all superheroes need to keep their identities hidden, but maybe telling Aunt May wasn't going to be so bad. If Ned can keep a secret, then so can she.

"I'm sorry I lied to you. I know I should've told you a long time ago, but--"

"Should've been better at keeping secrets, loser." I heard a voice behind the door say. Wait, MJ?! What was she doing here? I opened the door in panic, knowing full well that she also knew my secret. Now Mr. Stark is definitely going to murder me.

Great job, Peter. You had one job. One. You just had to keep your identity a secret. But now three people knows. Amazing.

"You know, too?" I groaned, banging my head on the wall once. She raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"Then I guess I'm smarter than you think, huh?"

"Whatever, just promise me you won't tell anyone, okay? Not only will I get in trouble, but I just don't want you to get hurt. Being involved with a hero makes you a target, so don't tell--"

"I get it, alright? Besides, you think I like gossiping? Please." She rolled her eyes, while leaning against the door frame.

"I think I'm going to go leave you two be. Peter, you're not getting punished, but will you please just stay safe and tell me if you're going somewhere?" All I did was nod, and she left my room with a sigh.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the girl who was looking bored out of her mind in front of me.

"Well, I was planning to get it out of you that you're Spider-Man with some evidence, but May let me in and when she came to look for you, I heard her scream, then a door shut. So I just eavesdropped on you two, behind the door." She shrugged, as if it was no big deal, when in fact, this was a REALLY BIG deal since my identity has been revealed to not only one, but three people.

"Do you think this is some sort of joke? Why aren't you taking this seriously?" I was starting to get frustrated with her, I mean, she found out I was a hero, and all she does is shrug? This girl is a real mystery to me.

"I am taking this seriously. But, whatevs, man. I'm gonna go now. See you at school, Spidey!" Before I could even speak, she turned around, then went downstairs and out of my house. What the hell just happened?