11 - He's Cute

Peter's POV

"I literally tried getting to my house as fast as I could, then when I opened the door, my mom was wearing her work clothes, and I immediately knew that there actually wasn't a real 'emergency'. I mean, she could've just told me to wash the dishes herself, then I'd do it." I rolled my eyes when I opened my locker.

After Ned's phone call yesterday, Aunt May overheard, then told me to tell her everything. So I told her about how I felt for MJ, and she was cheering so much for me. Way too much to be honest, but anyway, I replied to what Ned had just said.

"Yeah, not to be harsh or anything, but you wouldn't go home just cause you need to wash the dishes. You're a good kid, but you can't ditch MJ and I for unwashed plates and utensils. We're the greatest friends in the world!" I exclaimed, while looking through my locker. He snorted at this.

"Says the guy who once abandoned his friends." He said seriously, and I turned around to see him looking serious.

"Hey, didn't we go over that already?"

"Yeah, but I just really can't get it out my head. Even if MJ got it worse, I was hurt pretty bad too. I actually cried, but, it doesn't matter now, right?" I frowned at him. He cried for me? Ned barely cries in real life situations, and he only actually cries when we watch death scenes from Star Wars. I patted his back to give him comfort.

"I really am sorry, Ned. I can't take back what I did, which is why I really wanted you to forgive me."

"I know, I know. There's one thing that'll make me feel better right now, though." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"What is it?"

"Ask MJ out on a date." I dropped my mouth open in shock, shutting my locker door loudly.

"That's my choice to make!"

"Hey, loser. Hey, Ned." A voice suddenly said. I looked to my right and saw MJ. Wait, I thought I saw someone behind my open locker door. Oh no, she didn't hear, did she?

"MJ." I simply nodded at her.

"Hey." Ned greeted her more cheerfully, while I glared at him. He shrugged in response.

"So, I heard you two talking about me. What'd you say?" She asked curiously, and I gulped nervously.

"Well, it's...uh--MJ--it's not that...simple and...gosh--what am I doing?" I kept on stuttering, and MJ laughed at me.

"That's cute." I widened my eyes at what she said. She thinks I'm cute? I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. Stop blushing!

"Did you just call me cute?" I asked her, trying to make sure that I hadn't misheard her. However, judging by her reddening cheeks, I knew she actually said it. And damn, it actually felt good that she called me that.

I'm now proud to admit to myself that I like her. But I'm too scared to tell anyone else. Especially MJ.

"Uh, yeah. I won't lie, cause you're actually cute, but you're still a loser." She seemed to compose herself, but my heart was beating fast. This feels weird, I feel like I'm some lovesick boy or something.

Actually, no, I am a lovesick boy with a crush.

And this seems stronger than the feelings I had for Liz or Mafalda. Oh, and maybe I forgot to mention that Mafalda left school already, but no one else ever knew about who she really was. The reason why is when I confronted her, when I was walking away, she caught up with me and said that her 'investigation' was confidential. And surprisingly, it was one of the only secrets I could keep.

Anyway, MJ and I were both just staring at each other, when someone suddenly snapped their fingers in front of our faces.

"You lovebirds realize that I'm still here, and so is every other student who studies here, and that we still have classes to go to, right?" We glared at Ned at the same time. Literally, MJ and I glared at the exact same time. How is that even possible?

"Now stop doing things at the same time and being cute, or else I'll lock you both alone in a closet together." He dragged us both to the direction of our first class, and things just went on from there, I guess.

Until I finally had the courage to ask out MJ at the end of school today...

A/N: Sort of a cliffhanger, I guess? Still keeping up with the slow burn thing, and it's sorta killing me inside. But all this slow burn nonsense will come to an end soon. And we'll be filled with lovey-dovey, cliche, corny Pichelle scenes lol. But then, of course, there'll be drama when the Infinity War part starts, actually, not just drama. A bunch of crazy shiz happens. So take note of the spoiler warning I will add at that/those certain chapter/s. Btw, I'm listening to 'Rewrite the stars' right now lmao. (Get that reference?) Seriously, I'm literally listening to it and lipsyncing like crazy while writing. I'm so inspired right now, this is my fave song from the Greatest Showman. And don't be a quiet reader, guys. Give your feedback and opinions in the comments! (Or chat with me, I'd love to meet some new friends 😀) Thanks for reading!