17 - Memories

Peter's POV

"Michelle Jones," I started, and MJ looked at me like I was crazy.

"Do you really need to say my--" I shushed her.

"Don't ruin the moment." She chuckled, before fimally looking me in the eyes again.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, a hopeful look on my face. She dropped her mouth open in shock for a moment, before it suddenly became a smile.

"Are you serious?" She asked, and I nodded at her.

"No, my name's not Sirius. I'm Peter, remember?" She rolled her eyes and slapped my chest, and I chuckled at her.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. But I'm not joking about that question."

"Yes!" She exclaimed, putting her arms around my neck. I hugged back instantly, inhaling her warm strawberry scent. When we pulled away, I immediately gave her a quick kiss, and we were both grinning like idiots by then.

"I love you." She whispered all of a sudden, and I grinned even more.

"I know." She rolled her eyes again, while I shook my head and laughed at her.

"I love you too."

~~~

One year later

We had started being in the 10th grade for a few months now, and my relationship with MJ has just kept getting better and better. I asked her to be my girlfriend about a month after she got sick, right on the day of her birthday. I told her I had a big surprise for her, and when she thought that I hadn't gotten her anything, I asked her to be my girlfriend. Right in front of May, her parents, and our friends. Ned even shed some tears, and he even muttered, "Finally," when he did so.

Things are going smoothly so far, and MJ, Ned, and I haven't gotten into a fight big enough for us to ignore each other for a whole day, since we end up apologizing just a few hours after we fought.

Anyway, it was the night of my birthday, and all I did was basically eat outside with May and the Decathlon team, who I actually grew closer to. MJ gave me matching rings, which she thought was cliche, but she wanted us to have something for each other, so she gave me the ring with a spider engraved on it. Ned gave me a watch, and the whole Decathlon team payed for my cake, as well as giving me a book all about Science, which they all payed for. May gave me a photo album, filled with memories of my family, and even my friends. I was looking at the photo of when I asked MJ to be my girlfriend, and the photo next to it showed my Uncle Ben and I, which suddenly brought tears to my eyes. I wiped away the few tears that fell, and started to whisper at his photo.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so...I'm sorry." It still pained me when someone mentioned my uncle or parents, or even my family, since all I had left was my Aunt May.

Which is why I looked up to my friends a lot, and even Mr. Stark, who became my own overprotective father figure. I don't know if he sees it that way, but I really hope he does. Occasionally, I'd come over to the Avengers Tower for updates on my suit, and Mr. Stark and I would play some games when we had nothing to do there. And I was actually wrong about how he'd react when he found out that three people knew, because all he did was shrug.

"Just remember, kid. Don't do anything stupid."

That's all that he told me. Well, he may have said a few more things, but that's the basic explanation of what he said.

The Decathlon team is going to another competition in two months, and I was actually able to make it to most meetings after the whole Homecoming thing. I actually became responsible for once.

Surprisingly, Flash also apologized to my friends and I, and he ended up being our good friend. Of course, he can't help but tease us sometimes, but things are finally civil between us.

Aunt May's holding up pretty well, except for the fact that many guys are trying to hit on her, including Mr. Stark, although of course, he only did that as a joke. A really sick joke.

Ned realized that he had a crush on this new girl named Joanna, and MJ and I wouldn't stop teasing him about it, which got him really annoyed, but we always bring up how he used to teased us too. That got him to shut up.

In a few days, we'll be having a field trip at a museum, and I'm actually pretty excited.

Everything was going so well so far.

A/N: Sorry that this whole chapter is just basically his memories, but if I added the chapters when those things happened, this story might get too long and just a waste of time, since there's no point in adding in those chapters as a whole, but if you would've liked it that way, then I really am sorry. Infinity War spoilers at the next chapter. This is it, guys. So um...thanks for reading!
Update: I edited the A/N cause it's actually giving a spoiler so...yeah.