9 - The moment

Things were back to normal once again. Ned, Peter and I were always hanging out together, and Peter's house was our main hangout spot. We'd basically just work on our homework, projects, then mess around when we're done.

I was genuinely happy again. But the memore of being abandoned before just stuck to my head.

5 years earlier...

My mom and dad always yelled at each other. I didn't understand why, since I'm only just a kid, or at least that's what my parents say.

I'm not that naive, though. I mean, I still don't get why my parents always fought, but I knew this wouldn't end well.

And it actually didn't. After three months of endless arguing, my dad left. He just came into my room one night, telling me he loved me, then left.

I hoped that he could still call me, at least, but he never did. I hoped he would visit me, but he never did.

And I never hated him for it. I just want to see my daddy again. I want him to put me to sleep, by reading me bedroom stories at night. My mom does that, of course. But I want my dad, too. I want him back.

It hurt me so bad. I never hated him, but I still felt abandoned. I understood my parents' situation more once I grew a little older, and even if I accepted it, I was never the same anymore.

People used to see me happy all the time. But then I acted like I was emotionless. People didn't know what I really felt, since I was always being sassy and sarcastic.

At first, I thought that side of me was just for show, but soon enough, being sassy and sarcastic became the real me. I loved being that way. I didn't have to always show how I really feel, but only from time to time, which barely happened. I only became really happy again when Peter and Ned became my best friends.

Right now, I was sitting beside Peter on his bed, as he was still answering his homework. Ned already left earlier, cause his mom had some sort of emergency that needed to be sorted, so Ned had no choice but to go home.

I was starting to get bored, since both of us were just completely silent by now. We went silent when Ned left, for some reason, and Peter just focused on his Chemistry homework. I sighed and put my head on Peter's shoulder without a care.

He seemed shocked by my actions that he dropped his notebook and pen.

"What?" I asked him, sounding bored. Was there something wrong with me putting my head on his shoulder? He's my best friend.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Cause I'm bored, so I'm just going to watch you do your homework." I shrugged.

"Is it necessary for you to put your head on my shoulder?" He asked, sounding really confused.

"What's wrong with me putting my head on your shoulder? I thought we were best friends?" Is he really about to make a big deal out of this?

"Well...no, but still, who does that?"

"Michelle Jones, the weird girl at school, and captain of the Decathlon team would." I told him with sarcasm, and he just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, weirdo." I dropped my mouth open in shock. He chuckled, feeling satisfied with my reaction.

"What did you just say, loser?" I challenged him, slightly leaning into him while I did. Probably because I wanna kiss him again.

Ha! You just admitted it yourself!

Don't care. This is what I want. So just let me have my moment.

Peter's POV

I got shocked by Michelle when she laid her head on my shoulder. I actually blushed when she did, though luckily she didn't notice my cheeks, but that left me so shocked that I dropped my notebook and pen. Smooth move, Parker.

When she tried to challenge me, I noticed that she leaned in a bit, which made me blush again. Damn it, why do I keep blushing?

"I called you a weirdo. Got a problem?" I asked, also leaning in slightly. She just smirked at me.

"Maybe I do."

"So what're you gonna do about it?"

"You really wanna know?" I had the urge to kiss her. I've kissed Gw--Mafalda before, only by accident, but it didn't feel the same when MJ kissed me. I think I was being thick-headed about my feelings for MJ, and me wanting to kiss her right now, proves that I actually like MJ. And I'm completely fine with that.

Our faces were inches away from each other when we stopped talking, and I looked right at MJ's face, then looked at her lips. Hopefully she won't kill me if I kiss her. I already leaned in more, and I noticed that she was doing the same, and our faces grew closer. And then...

My phone starts ringing.

I groaned in annoyance. Really? Right when we were about to kiss?

MJ laughed and winked at me, while I took my phone to see who called. It was Ned, and I rolled my eyes when I answered it.

"Yes?" I asked him, trying to hide my annoyance. I know that Ned was always my best friend, but we've both admitted something to each other once. There were times when we were annoyed at each other, and even though that's normal for friends, we just thought it'd be better to admit it.

"Turns out there was no real emergency. My mom just had an urgent meeting at work, and she asked me to wash the dishes cause we had guests later. Anyway, what are you and MJ up to now?" I glanced at MJ, who was already fixing her stuff, ready to go home. Dammit, I lost my shot.

"See you tomorrow, loser. Bye!" And then she went out the door.

You know what? I'm just going to tell Ned my whole situation.

"Ned, you kind of ruined a moment between MJ and I."

"What moment? Wait, are you saying--"

"Yes, Ned. I like her. I'm pretty sure I always had, I just didn't see it before because of Gwen."

"Wow, that's...AWESOME!" He sounded like he was cheering at the other end of the line, which got me confused.

"What?"

"I always shipped you and MJ! I know it's childish and all, but you two are cute together! Yes!"

"And it could've worked out right now, if only you didn't ruin the moment." He sighed.

"I'm sorry. Can you at least tell me what was about to happen?"

"I was about to have my second kiss."

Before Ned could answer, another voice spoke.

"Second kiss with who?"

A/N: It's painful not to make these two kiss. But...eh. They've already kissed before, and things will get better for these two. I'll update again later, but for now, thanks for reading!