Chapter 38

Autumn

My dad remained crying onto my shoulder I couldn't bare to think the worst happened.

"It's okay dad just tell me what happened" I soothe him , he gets up and a smile is etched onto his face. I couldn't be more confused right now.

"Your brother's here" my eyes widen and I rush into the hospital room , my mother sat up on the bed holding onto a healthy looking baby boy.

Tears stream down my own face as I smile at the sight before me , I thought the worst happened but really little Jacob was ready to finally come into the world.

"Come here and say hi to baby Jacob" I walk slowly to the edge of the bed and take a little peak at my baby brother.

His lips were pouting so adorably and his little hands were in his face , he was so beautiful it didn't make any sense how adorable he was. I stare at him with awe and adoration he was oblivious to the people surrounding him as his eyes were closed shut.

"Hi baby Jacob I'm Autumn your sister , anything you need I'll be here always" I kiss the top of his head , his skin was so soft and he smelled so good it actually compared to Xzavier's smell.

"Do you want to hold him?" My mom ask me weakly , she looked exhausted her eyes were droopy but she contained the smile that was on her face as she held baby Jacob.

I gently took him from her hands carful not to drop him , he was so little it was weird seeing him this tiny and holding his fragile body in my arms. It gave me a great feeling being able to see him after so long.

Xzavier walks into the room and telling my mom congratulations before coming and sitting next to me , my focus was only on Jacob as he made little movements and stretching his arms out. I still couldn't get over the fact that he was so small.

"Why were you bleeding mom" I finally ask the question that's been on my mind every since my dad told me about it.

"The doctors said that something was wrong and that my bag burst before it should have , they did an emergency c-section because the cord was wrapped around his neck. He was losing air" I could see the tears stream down her face as she told me but then she looked at Jacob that lay in my arms and smiled.

"He's here now and that's all that matters" I agreed and took a glance at Xzavier, he admired the little baby in my arms. I don't think he blinked yet.

"You want to hold him" I ask

"I can't"

"Yes you can"

"I might drop him" instead of having a pointless argument with him I place Jacob in his arms and watch the horrific look on his face as he stared down at him.

Jacob eyes opened up for the first time as he and Xzavier had a staring contest with each other it was so cute. I took my phone out and snapped a picture of the scene in front of me , they were both so  adorable.

Jacob lips turned into a smile showing off his gums and I heard Xzavier awe at him , the scene was to much I thought I was going to cry all over again. But now I felt jealous that Jacob didn't smile at me yet , I wanted him back.

I made grabby hands for him and Xzavier handed him back to me , I cooed and made funny faces at him. He just looked at me weird but that didn't matter I knew sooner or later he would be able to laugh and once he does he'll definitely laugh at me.

Meanwhile when Xzavier stepped out to talk with my father my mother called me over to her bed.

I walked over to her and she pointed at her bag that sat in the corner of the room , I retrieved it and brought it to her.