Why does this happen?

Cary gasped and grabbed the nearest weapon to defend herself and when she came back to the window, the mysterious person was gone. She opened and peered outside her window not believing her eyes and tightened her grip on the heavy metal bat. When she couldn't find anyone, she slowly stepped away from the street light that shown outside and closed the window. She kept an eye out for anyone that seemed suspicious.

She sighed and slid down against the wall beside the window frame and let the bat slip out of her hands. She looked over to Grayson slightly and thought for a moment. "Who was that?" She sat up to get a peek from the corner of the window and found a figure wearing a dark cloak that covered most of their body. She looked back at Grayson and to the window again. "Why do they keep coming to me?"

Iris heard the faint tap and pressed her ear against the door. She stood there for a second and took a look at the door. She stood there staring at it and felt frozen in place. Once she heard a shift of metal that clanged against the wall, she had adrenaline rushing through her body and into her heart. She threw open the door and ran down the stairs, her magic flaring into a ball of fire in her hand. When she opened the door, the strange hooded figure looked at her with the most calm posture. They scofffed at her and pour a jug of glistening water on them. They dissapeared. Just like that.

"Another one. . ." She sighed relaxing her posture to a stance. "That's the fifth one this week." She jumped high into the air and turned to her winged form. She flew to the forest and met with her wolf pack. "Guys! They're coming for him!" She alerted them and they rushed up to her for questions. "What do we do?" A wolf asked and Iris held her head to think of a way to protect both Cary and Grayson. "You guys go to the East and see if there are any more lurking around." She ordered as the wolves did what they were told.

Cary had trouble falling asleep so she made an animated video of the project that she was supposed to finish a long time ago. She spent several hours thinking about the nightmares she's been having for a couple of days. She finished the lineart and needed to add color and shade. When she was almost done, she heard a creak of the front door. Being half asleep, she squinted tiredly at the door and went back to animating. It didn't take long till a loud thud on the desk was caused by Cary failing to stay awake.

Grayson woke up still half asleep and looked around for Cary. After a few seconds, he started to panic and let out worried grunts. The door was cracked open and Grayson stared at it. He slid off the bed and landed on his feet to go find his mother. He pushed the door with little force to peek around the silent hall. He slid through the door and stepped into the small hallway. When he heard loud snoring coming from the living room, he wobbled over to the sound guiding him to his mother. He tugged on her loose oversized sweater that had scattered stars and a cresent in the middle of it all. She groaned and rubbed her sleepy eyes. "Good morning, Grayson." She spoke with a hoarse throat and stretched out her arms to the ceiling. She got up from the chair and yawned to go make breakfast.

Today was a Saturday, so I didn't have to go to work at all. I smiled to myself a bit when I realized that and pulled out a sunflower frying pan from the pantry that stood above the stove. I sprayed the pan and layed it down on the stove and went into the refrigderator to get some eggs, bacon, cheese, biscuits, ham, and cucumbers. I used the eggs and cheese to make cheesy scrambled eggs and fried the bacon while I baked the biscuits in the oven. I sliced the cucumbers while the bacon was frying. Grayson got a little curious and heard a sizzling pop and he jumped back.

I chuckled. "Be careful. They're dangerous." He grabbed a step stool and slammed it next to me to see what i was doing. I continued chopping the last of the cucumbers and started on the ham. Grayson stood there, watching me cut the ham into slices. "You want some?" I handed a slice of cucumber and ham to him and he nibbled on the crunchy cucumber.

I finished cooking the food and served the both of us in the living room. I turned on the t.v to the cartoon channel that was showing "Steven Universe." He sat there slowly eating his breakfast while his eyes were glued onto the t.v. I ate and watched the show of gems fight the orbs on the sandy beach.

I picked up both of our finished plates and took them to the kitchen to clean them. Grayson let out a yell with a fist in the air. I smiled and carried on cleaning up my mess. After I dried my hands, the trill of my doorbell echoed throughout the dining room. I opened the door to Iris and greeted her with a casual smile. "Hey." She greeted me the same way and I invided her in.

"So," Cary closed the door and walked by Iris that went in the living room. "What brings you here so early?" Cary asked as she sat down. "I heard that the new episode has Connie being a swordsman!" She grabbed her shoulders and Cary stood there trying to grasp what she's saying. "Um. . .okay?" She answered unsure of the rambling friend's words.

"C'mon! Let's watch!" She grabbed her hand and lead to the couch and she bounced with excitement. "Ya!" Grayson agreed happily and handed Iris the remote. She flipped through a couple of static channels until she found Cartoon Network.

A few hours of watching the marathon of the show, Grayson ran to Cary's room and came back with a lion plushie. Both Cary and Iris laughed at each other and Cary went to go get her a cup of peach strawberry bubble tea.

15 minutes of them watching the summer marathon

"I loved that episode!" Iris walked into the kitchen with Cary and Grayson following behind. "Yeah. . .I guess it was good." Cary shrugged and stuffed her hands into her sweater. "How come you haven't changed out of your night clothes?" She pointed to my shorts and I gave her another shrug. "I didn't feel like it." Iris stood there with a playful smile. Grayson hugged her leg and giggled. Iris chuckled and dragged her leg to the dining room.  Cary sighed and grabbed her stylis to finish the last touches of the animation she was working on. It took her 10 minutes to finish and she added music in the background to make it seem more appealing. She took one last playthrough her animation and posted it to Youtube.

"Watch out, Grayson." Iris playfully growled and Grayson ran over to me with a stiffled laugh as he hid behind the couch. "I. . ." Iris searched the room that I was in and wait to see if Grayson would break. "Found you!" She caught a little giggle and she snatched the pillow off the couch purposely to mess with Grayson. He giggled once she did a thinking hum. "Where could he be?" She asked cluelessly. One more giggle and Iris towered over the couch that he was hiding behind. "Gotcha!" She picked him up and tickled him. He squealed and laughed making me smile.

Grayson was all tuckered out and started to fall asleep. Iris went to tuck him in bed for a nap. Grayson flinched when the blanket touched him but relaxed when he was sat down in the bed. She pulled the blankets over him and gave him a nuzzle on the top of his head. She turned on the fan to keep him from sweating.

As she was leaving the room, she found Cary asleep once again at her desk. Her phone rang from the pocket of her skinny jeans. She picked it up and asked the caller. "Hello? This is Iris." The caller sounded frantic and in a hurry. "You need to get over here." A male suggested. Iris turned back to Cary and to Grayson. "What happened?" She asked with a calm tone. "They attacked leaving only a picture of a bear." Iris swung open the door. "Hang on. I'll get there." She transformed into a wolf and went to her destination.

The male that reported to Iris wore a suit and stood with his men holding the picture. "This is what he looks like." He handed her the picture and sighed. "Boys," The pack turned to her.

"We're going hunting."

To Be Continued. . . .

(So, tell me. Did I get better? I'm still trying to improve my writing. I noticed that I left out their thoughts but I got lazy on that part. What is Iris going to do? What is haunting Cary? Are they going to be protected? FInd out on the next update.)