Secrets to hide

Alitz has been. . .lost in his mind for two months and with my confessions. . .I sighed and slouched on my bed. "What was I thinking?" A knock on the door made me jump out of my skin and I immedaitely hid the notes of my true feelings. Well, at a decent rate, sincere. 

"Um. . .Prince Ein?" A rough gruffy voice asked unsurely behind the door. "The king summons you to the court." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I could feel my heart quivering and what I have left of my soul shrinking to find an escape. "He wants to discuss about the letters that has your signature." Oh no. How could I have been so stupid!? I gritted my teeth and held my lumber brown coat. It was only a matter of time before my time runs out. "I'll be there in a few minutes!" I hurriedly yanked my beanie and slipped my black gymshoes on. I ripped open the doors to my wardrobe and grabbed an ivory sweater. "EIN!!!"He found out! I-I don't want to die! I franticaly thought as fatal dread filled my soul.

I opened the window and a light push of the wind flowed into my room. Letters of envelopes were scattered in the air as the wind died down. As I was collecting them, I noticed a dusty torn letter with the initials of. . .Zari. . .

The guard came back to report Alitz's request. "Sir, the king is getting a little impatient. Are you at least ready to explain or lie to the king?" He asked with dire. This is it. I've never done anything like this before. Even when Zari managed to escape and came back with a reasonable lie, I didn't even dare to think of a situation like this. It almost feels. . .like I'm no longer chained down with dangerous missions, unsatisfied mobs, or miserable options. This can take it all away. I can be free. I can be free just like Iris.

Zari took out a grappling hook and tossed it gracefully to the castle wall. She swung in and kicked open the entrance to the vents. She pulled out the rolled up map and saw that it showed no location but her signature on a page of nothing. "Ugh. Useless." She scoffed and crawled through the tunnels of the vents. Just when she was going to break in and fight literally anyone, she saw a little glimpse of a soft burnt orange light.

"Huh." She muttered with amusement and was intregued to investigate the strange sudden light. She arrived at a vent that was directly above Grayson's head. Zari chuckled mischeviously and summoned her dagger. As she aimed, she leaned closer towards the edge and her family photo slipped out. She reached for it but it escaped her hand and went through the slim openings towards the floor. "No!" She screamed with a whisper and felt anxious for her treasure.

"Oh." I saw Gabby picked up a picture. "Is this what you meant to make?" She asked and I shook my head with dissappointment. "No." I sighed. "Hey. You're getting better at it." Mom tried to comfort me with encouragement. "Thanks mom, but I'm 19. I'm an adult! I should at least know what I'm doing." I covered my face with my hands and Gabby opened the pantry that was made for her. "Oh, What!?" She turned around and scrunched up her face with rage. "Who ate all my tuna and barbeque pork sandwich!?"

"Wha?" Zari asked unamused. What is a tuna barbeque pork sandwich? She contiplated with concentration but thought of how funny she looked and giggled.

"Did you eat my tuna barbeque pork sandwich?" She invaded Iris and stomped towards me. "Did you eat my sandwich?" She aggressively questioned me grabbing my collar. ". . .No? Why would I eat that disgusting thing?" She pulled me closer to an awkward space between our faces. "Let me smell your breath." She demanded. Iris went to grab Gabby away but she pushed her back.

"Gabby, you need to calm down!" Iris scolded her but it was uneffective. "Let me smell your breath!" she shouted and I did so. She looked at both of my eyes and let go of me. "You eating little slobs." She muttered and everyone looked at each other.

"WHO. ATE. MY. FREAKING. SANDWICH!!??" She screamed and glared at everyone panting.

All of a sudden, a loud historical laugh echoed above us. At least Gabby calmed down-"AHHHhhhh. . . ."