Chapter 14

August

I texted Kehlani over and over and called. I was getting tired of waiting on her, maybe it's time to move on. I missed her though, I remember when I found out she left.

Flashback
I woke up from my nap looking to see if kehlani was there but wasn't. I walked downstairs and seen chance and sawyer.
"Aye y'all seen Kehlani." He sighed and looked at me. Sawyer didn't even say a word at all.
"Tell me now wea' is she."
"She's gone man." I looked at him confused.
"She told me to tell you she was sorry, she left she couldn't do this anymore." I put my hands on my face and I screamed.
"What happened why did she do this." He looked at Sawyer and she turned her head and it was all bruised up.
"Wassup with your face."
"Your insanely GIRLFRIEND DID THIS TO MY MODEL FACE."
"She would never do that."

"But she did, see the thing is you don't know her well, she used to go to juvenile a lot. Once she start fighting it doesn't stop until she wants to stop. She accidentally made a kid get a concussion, he almost died." She cried. "She complains about dad hitting her but-t little do she know that she's a little crazy bitch too." she faked laughed.

"Okay stop, why did y'all get in a fight."I sat down on the couch.

"See she told me to not tell you guys that when we were walking out the store it was some crazy note telling her to meet us and whoever at the park or we'll die. I tried to stop her and she started to get angry saying I was bickering. She turned the car around and headed here. I told her to fight me and she asked me if I was sure and I said yeah. She beat me so bad august. I didn't know she was going to go that far." She started to tear up.

"I'm sorry, why did you ask for it though." I asked

"Yeah I made a mistake but she didn't have to damn near kill me." She got up and walked to the room and slammed the door.

"August, August you okay." I got cut off from the thoughts of kehlani leaving.
"Yeah i'm good sawyer your face getting better."
"What's wrong buddy." I sighed.
"I miss her."
"Oh well where do you think she would go." I started to think.
"Oh shit."
"What." She sat up
"New york, cause she was supposed to get signed soon."
"Okay well you should surprise her, I know we got into a fight but I still love her and I know you really like her so go after her." I nodded.
"Well I have a flight to catch." I smiled.

Kehlani

I walked in the studio and seen chance. We were recording our song after getting the beat ready and fixing some parts.
"Ready." He nodded.
"Come on beautiful." He pulled me into the booth and the producer was controlling the sound.

After we finished I was in love totally listening to this song.
"I think we should do a music video."
"I don't know if I can afford it right now." I looked around.
"Don't worry ma, I got you i'll pay." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed.
"Look chance I can't."
"I got you don't worry."
"I owe you though for real."
"Man don't trip."He said agitated.
"Okay well im gonna head out and go back to my hotel."
"Wanna get some drinks tonight."He asked
"Uhhh, I don't know i'm tired i'll text you to let you know." I Walked to my car and I had a weird feeling. I shook it off and headed to my hotel.

I opened the door to my hotel and It was fresh sheets making me smile. I laid down on my bed. I was exhausted from going to 3 meetings to see if I was ready to sign. I heard something knock down and I rose up and looked around.

I stood up and looked around. I was about to turn around when something tapped on my should. I turned around and punched whatever it was.
"Damn gal yo sister was right boxing did pay off." August held his arm.
"August i'm sorry."
"It's good I woulda' punched the shit outta somebody who was behind me."

I helped him up. "What are you doing here."
"I can't see my babeh."
"How the fuck did you find me."
"I have my ways." He smirked
"Are you stalking me."
"Nah babeh, I just knew you were in new york and this was your favorite hotel. I payed them 10k just to give me the key to this hotel room.
"Okay august there's an extra couch over there."
"Why can't I sleep with my babeh."He pulled me close and wrapped his hands around my back. "Why you wearing these tight ass shorts." He whispered sending chills down my spine. He grabbed my butt and squeezed it.
"Damn." He said. I didn't want to stop him but I did.
"when you gon stop curving me like dat girl." He kissed my cheek. "Imma let you slide lil babeh." He dropped his hand from my waist and sat on the couch in my hotel room. I stood there speechless. I went in the bathroom taking my clothes off to take a bath and my panties were wet. Great August. I took a nice hot shower.

I got out noticing that my clothes were in my bag and I didn't have a towel.
"August."
"Yeah." He didn't look up from his phone.
"Hand me that towel and my clothes in that drawer." He got up and gave me my clothes but he didn't give me my towel.
"What abou-." I asked
"Oh my bad." He licked his lips and looking down at my breast.
"Nah you did that on purpose." I said snatch the towel from him.

I woke up, seeing food on the table and the tv on. I looked around for august and he wasn't nowhere to be found. Good. I sighed and opened the bathroom to pee and get my morning started.

Sawyer texted me saying she wanted to talk. I ignored her. I was wrong for what I did but I didn't have the audacity to say sorry. Not right now. I fixed up my freshly red dyed hair. I had 800k on the gram. My songs were spreading.

I took a picture and posted it. I got 100 likes in 4 minutes. I had a meeting today at def jams, they are deciding if I should be signed or not.

August came in the room seconds later with bags of clothes and food.
"Hey." He said kissing my cheek. I hugged him.
"Hey what you got."
"I got you some clothes, food, and some flowers." He gave me some really red roses.
"Awww thank you. Let me see the clothes."
I had a forever 21 bag, nike, footlocker, and PINK.

"These shoes are fye." I smiled at the retro 11 heiress.
"Yeah I thought you would've liked them."
"Thank you. You didn't have do all this."
"I did it because you were my babeh."
I smiled at the thought.
"Well I need to get dressed, I have that meeting today at def jams."
"Can I come."
"Sure."

I sat at the meeting table hearing them talk about my music.
"You are a very good singer and I'd like to sign you. We have a contract we will need you to sign." I taught myself to read everything before signing. People can be sneaky and conniving.

I signed every page regarding what they would be allowed to do with my music.
"Good job babeh, imma fly chance and Yo sis out hea'. A lady came up to august cutting me right off.
"Uhhh hey you wanna go get a drink with me."
He scratched his head.
"Nah i'm wit my lil lady right hea'."
"Oh it's okay she'll be fine."
"Nah I think It's real rude." I smiled because he was trying and I enjoyed it.
"Alright move the fuck on."I said to her
"Watch it bitch or you'll be out of this music industry."
"Do you own it." I said rolling my eyes.
"No but I can do anything to get that man to cut you off, don't play with me."She smirked and walked away.
"I hate bitches like dat."
"Yeah me too I can't afford to beat another girls ass." I chuckled. "Anyway I guess you can, sawyer been trying to contact me." I drunk the coffee they gave me

"Why won't you talk to ha."
"It's hard me and her been through so much and this was our first actual fight. It's hard but I do regret it."
"Yeah it'll be fine."He grabbed my hand for us to leave.
"Thank you august."
"For what."I stopped him
"for being there for me, for flying me away. If it wasn't for you i'll be in that house. It's a reason I met you. I graduate next month for my masters degree."
"You still working on that school shit."
"Yeah, can you fly me out to L.A for it."
"Sure babeh, ill be thea' to support ya."
"Thank you." He pulled me into a hug.
"Aww aren't you too so cute." A girl behind us said.
"Actu-."
"Thank you."
"I'm janet." She took her hand and I shook it.
"I'm kehlani and this is august."
"I know who you are, your song are fye b." Her new york accent was strong.
"Well i'll see you around."She said
"Wait." She turned back around. "I'm having a party tomorrow, would you like to come."
"yeah sure." I gave her my number to let her know the details later.

What y'all think about kehlani and august?
vote
comment
sorry for any mistakes