Chapter 10

Shantay

I'm not gone lie, it felt really good to be back in Alonzo's arms. He was so comforting and understood how I felt. No we didn't do anything. He just held me while I was crying which was really nice.

It was about 9 a.m so I decided to cook breakfast. I left out of the room and went down the spiral staircase and into the kitchen. He had a beautiful two story brownstone house in central Miami. It was a one-bedroom, two bathroom house with a den, a living room, a dining room and a huge kitchen that had pristine marble countertops and top of the line appliances. He also had an in-home library, a tennis court and an Olympic sized swimming pool.

Good thing I still have my bikini I thought standing on the patio. I cane back inside and made two Texas style breakfast burritos for me and a ham and cheese omelet with sausage and hash browns in he middle for Lon and orange juice for both of us. I got a bed table from under the sink and put both of our plates on there to take them upstairs. I set it down on the nightstand and woke up Alonzo.

"Lon, wake up" I said poking his arm. He opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Good morning" he said yawning.

"Morning. I made you breakfast" I said giving him his food.

"Aw you ain't have to do that Tay"

"I wanted to" I said. He smiled and we both ate our breakfast while watching Beauty Shop on DVD. We finished our food and I took the stuff downstairs and put it in the dishwasher.

I went back upstairs and took a shower. I got my overnight bag and put my bikini back on. Alonzo came from his home office as I was walking down the hall.

"Goin for a morning swim?" he asked.

"Yep. Care to join me?"

"Yeah just let me get my trunks he said. I grabbed my towel and went out to the patio and laid my towel down on a chair. I went to the diving board and saw Alonzo come out with no shirt on.

Oh.My.Damn I thought. He looked so damn good and I was getting a little moist.

I dove into the deep end and swam all the way to the shallow end. Alonzo jumped in after me and did the same. When we finished our lap we got into the jacuzzi.

"That was fun. I love to swim, its like my getaway" I said.

He smiled and agreed with me. My phone was ringing and I knew it was Jaylin because it was playing All of Me by John Legend. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Tay you gotta get to New Hampton hospital. Now!” she yelled.

"Why what's wrong" I said thinking something had happened to Aliyyah.

"Its Trey! He's been shot" she said. My mouth dropped open as I dropped my phone in the jacuzzi.

Jaylin

I'd left the kids with my husband while I went to get the kids some food. As I was passing by MLK Ave I saw police and paramedics everywhere. Me being the nosey person that I am I parked my car and got out.

"Excuse me can you tell me what happened here?" I asked.

"Crazy ass chick shot her boyfriend" he said walking off. They soon after brought Tracy out in handcuffs. Oh shit I thought. I walked up to her.

"Tracy what the fuck happened" I asked.

"I shot him Jaylin. I shot him." she said hysterically. They put her in the car and I saw the paramedics pull Trey out of Tracy's house I guess on a gurney. He had blood everywhere.

"Trey what the hell happened?"

"Call Shantay" was all he said before the closed the ambulance door and left.

Alonzo

Whatever Jaylin told Tay must've shocked the shit out of her because she was just standing there. I grabbed her phone out of the water. Good thing she had a waterproof case.

"Tay what'd she say" I asked drying off her phone.

"Its Trey. He's at the hospital. Somebody shot him." She broke down crying and I went and hugged her.

"Do you wanna go see him?"

She nodded her head and we changed and headed to the hospital. When we got in the waiting room she told me to wait right there but then came back and said "never mind come with me"

We stopped at his door then walked in and saw him sitting up and watching TV with a bandage on his shoulder.