six

(Zayn's POV)

It's been three days and Liam hasn't woken up. He is still laying in his bed. His breathing still off.

I haven't been able to see him during the day for two days because of school.

Jules and I have been in contact with Opal and she says that she has only left the hospital for food and a quick shower.Then she races back, sitting with him all day and talking to him, desperately trying to bring him back to the surface.

Opal says that Dani recommends talking to Liam because he might be able to hear her.

Jules makes me go to school, but all I didn't there was think about Liam and daydream about him waking up all better.

At night, after my therapy sessions that happen on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, Jules and I would drive over to the hospital. By the time we got there though, visitor hour would almost be over.

On Tuesday, the day after Liam's "accident", Opal had left the room to go to the restroom and I asked a question that I have been so anxious to ask.

I just haven't wanted to ask in front of Opal and I wanted Jules to describe him perfectly to me so I waited until we were with Liam.

"What does he look like?" I ask cautiously.

"Well, he has lighter brown hair and has a little bit of facial hair. In fact reminds me of David Beckham."

And then there's silence.

I know who David Beckham is but I just can't remember his face. I purse my lips in thought.

Then Opal had come back into the room and we continued out short talks with Liam.

Jules and I would only be able to sit with Liam for about ten or fifteen minutes before Dani walks into the room and tells us to leave.

Today is Friday though which means no therapy sessions. Finally.

Right when the bell rings, dismissing me out of class, Jules picks me up and we race over to the hospital to see Liam.

I sit in the same chair as usual and Jules is behind the chair with her hand on my right shoulder. I hear Opal talk in a hushed voice to Liam. I hear Liam's heart monitor and oxygen pump.

Jules and I just sit and listen to Opal talk to Liam. We have been here for about fifteen minutes.

"Liam, honey, I'm here. And Zayn is here. And so is his mother Jules. Just come back to us, please," I hear Opal say soothingly to the unconscious Liam.

Then I hear footsteps.

"I need some air. I'm sorry. I'll be back, go ahead and talk to him," Opal says and walks out of the room, the door opening and closing. I hear Jules walk from behind me to Liam's bed.

"Oh my, Zayn, you really saved this boy's life. I wish you could see how he looks. How you saved him in the right moment. How he is hear, breathing because of you," she murmurs as the heart monitor beeped.

I sigh and feel my eyes start to full with tears. But I hold it back and look down to wipe them away.

"Jules?" I ask, and look up. I hope my voice doesn't sound like I've been crying.

"Zayn?"

"How does he look?" I ask.

"Well, he has an oxygen mask on like always. He is laying in the hospital bed with a patient gown. He has wires that looks like it's attached to his chest and he is connected to an IV. His face a pale and his eyes are still closed" She describes.