nine

(Zayn's POV)

It has been two weeks since I have found out Liam was alive.

He had woken up later during the day we had found out he was actually alive and has been sleeping and waking up regularly which we are all so thrilled about.

I have visited everyday, skipping a few of my therapy sessions. But it was worth it because Liam and I have grown close over the past week or so.

We had told each other things we normally wouldn't tell other people; and I know it sounds cheesy but it's true.

My feelings for Liam have grown stronger, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he just laughs in my face and leaves me?

And let's just say he did like me as much as I like him. I wouldn't be able to handle the heartbreak if anything ever happened to us. Or if anything happened to him. I couldn't even eat or get out of bed when I had first found out he was dead and I barely knew him then. Imagine what would happen now. I can't even imagine.

Plus, I don't even know how Jules feels about same sex relationships. I have never really gotten around to telling her I was gay.

I've had girlfriends in the past but that was because I knew at a young age. And I never wanted anyone to know I was different.

So, as a plan I came up with, I dated girls one after another. And it worked.

But because Jules started as my foster mother just about a year ago, she doesn't really know my dating past.

Jules just thinks I'm not dating girls because I'm blind and no one likes me. And I am going to keep it that way for as long as possible. People are probably not even attracted to me because I'm blind so I guess Jules does have half of the story correct.

Anyways, today is finally the day Liam will be released from the hospital.

"Okay Liam, are you ready to go home?" Doctor Haas says happily. I hear his pen scratch on paper.

"Yes, I can't wait to be in my own bed and room," Liam replies from in front of me. I am in my usual seat and I can feel him glance at me every so often but I avoided his eye and focused on what the doctor was saying.

"I understand where you're coming from," Doctor Haas replies with a laugh.

"Okay, we have everything set. Just remember to take two of the pills a day for the pain and just try to keep the activity level low. We don't want to risk anything," Doctor Haas says.

I hear the bed creak and I hear Liam's feet hit the ground. He sucks in a breath in pain and I hear Opal whisper if he was alright. Liam hums yes in response.

Jules helps me out of the seat I and grabs my arm to guide me. I grab my walking stick in my right hand and Jules is on my left as we trail behind Liam, Opal and the doctor.

Dani had already said her good byes but she was called to help with a different patient and had to leave before our departure.

"Also, you have an appointment in two weeks just for a check up and I have therapy sessions for every Wednesdays and Thursdays for two months." the doctor reminds our group as we make our way through the hospital towards the exit.

"Yes, I have it all marked down." Opal says.

"Good, the therapist is Doctor James. Majority of my patients go there and they come out as good as new,"