A Separate Story

A Short

The beginning was supposed to be my restart. And I guess in the beginning, I thought I had a chance. But now I know I was only longing for something I couldn't have. The pain is still fresh, and my wounds will take time to heal. But I can make it if I try. With no luck by my side, I'll stand brave, with my chin tilted proud.. In the middle of things, stuff was brightening up- making a new open path for me to walk. I was finally going toward something great. You were my light, my muse. And toward the end that all fell apart. I was stupid not to prevent anything. Now I have to let Fate do its thing. I can't tell you how anxious I am, waiting to see what Fate has in store next. There are so many things I wish to redo. So many things I wish I did. But in the real world, I've learned I'm too naive. Thought it may see reality and I clash-- I think we could learn a few things from each other. In the end...in the end I'm just a girl whose dreams are probably to high. Just a girl who can barley stand on her own. But I will make a difference. I will change. Because this is my story. I'm the one writing it. If your story doesn't twist with mine...well, it'll be alright. I have places to go-- people to meet. My story is separate.

It won't stay that way, but for now it's for the better. My mind needs to clear, and I need to think things over. But everything will be alright. It'll turn out just fine in the end. I'm okay with that. That's what I'm hoping for, what I'm looking for. That's what I want.