Simple.

• Dedicated to ...Chandler.

a short by Isa Newbury

All the love poems I've ever laid eyes upon go into elaborate detail, declaring undying love and promises, that are just so sappy it makes your heart melt. Simple, straight to the point. Three simple words...thrown around most of the time, like they mean nothing. I could go on and on, but then it wouldn't be so simple anymore.

I could try to explain, but I can't. There aren't the right words to describe anything I feel. A poem, a card, a gift, maybe a kiss on the lips...no, nothing.

Simple is a concept.

Simple cannot be done.

Or can it? I don't know...I've never gotten close enough to find out.

Daydreaming is more of a hobby now, than it was eight months ago.

So misunderstood...reserved...I can't get you out of my head.

Why? Oh, please tell me. I need to know, I don't understand...Everything is all a blur. I'm aware of everything more, though. I can see more clearly. But maybe I'm just totally insane. Maybe I've forgotten something.

But there you were, just the other day. The sun was shining just right...the clouds were like a painting...and you were smiling, a real smile, and you were laughing. I thought that was...beautiful. To be completely honest. Yes...beautiful is the word. But that's just it. I've done it. Something that doens't make sense. Simple. So very simple.