"Perrie is dead to me"

~Niall's POV~

As I watch Zayn run towards the music halls one wonders why on earth or hell (your choice haha) would Zayn run away from me especially after all that just happened. Well I'm not just gonna stand here and wonder about it, I'm gong to find out why. Looking back at Louis and Harry I gave them an apologetic look right before going after Zayn. They nod in response. What's wrong with Zayn? I hope he doesn't do anything stupid or wreck-less because I'll feel like it's all my fault. I just confessed my love to him and I don't want to lose him after all that.

As I reached the music halls I see spot a silhouette of a small figure going into the abandoned art room.

"Zayn?" I call for the boy, but no answer.

Opening the door, which was cracked open, a soft sobbing sound erupted from a distance. I looked around the room, looked under desks, in small places that someone as small as Zayn could fit into. Then I remembered that this room had a supply closet in the very back behind some old bookcase. My first guess would be to check there and in the chance that he's not there I'll check the other rooms down this hall. I have to find Zayn, I need to make sure he is alright.

Heading to the very back of the room where the closet is I saw that the bookcase was moved from its original place, but to my surprise there was no sight of Zayn. Sighing I took a step back contemplating on where to look next until I heard the same sobbing voice coming from the side of the bookcase. Following it my eyes layed upon the small raven figured crying. Seeing this sight was both heart breaking and relieving. Heartbreaking because nobody should ever have to witness Zayn crying and when he does cry it's because of something really bad, and relieving because I found him safe and sound.

There he sat his back against the wall with his knees curled up crying into his arms with his head buried between them. Quietly, so as not to frighten him, I sat down in front of him watching as a few tears hit the floor.

Was it me that is making Zayn hurt so bad? Am I causing him to cry? Am I the cause of his grief?

My movements must've not been all that quiet because Zayn took notice and lifted his head up to meet my eyes. Oh those eyes make me melt whenever I look into them. Wait. . . his eyes are all red and puffy, his nose was almost as red as Rudolph's, and his cheeks all tear stained.

Who or what could've hurt Zayn so much that he'd cry. He looks so heartbroken. I hope I didn't say anything I shouldn't have. A crying Zayn is the most heartbreaking thing you could ever see or experience.

"Zayn" I looked into his eyes in search of something. This guy is hard to read. He's like an enigma (puzzle/mystery). "Are you okay? Did I say or do anything to make you like this?" questions after questions started to pour out my mouth, like the Nile River. {Haha} I'm so awesome that I have a river named after me. Zayn's sudden laughter interrupts me from my train of thought sending me back to reality. This guy was just crying his eyes out and now when I ask him a question he laughs lightheartedly.

"Ni, how could you ever think that you could ever hurt me? It's amazing how you'll go to great lengths to protect me" his voice slightly hoarse.

"Zayn I don't know if you feel the same way I do, but you're the world to me. Like the world I want to protect it from damage or harm. You have no idea how much you mean to me. When I saw Perrie with that other guy my heart literally shattered in pieces" I let it slip out and I regretted it not knowing how Zayn would react I quickly started to apologize.

"Damn it!" I curse under my breath. "I Shouldn't have said that. I'm such an idiot. I'm so sorry Zay-" my rambling apologies are interrupted by Zayn's soft lips on mine. The kiss was short but so much love went into it, yet his touch was so light it felt like kissing a feather. Well that's a way to shut someone up nicely. I smile a lil into the kiss.cupping his face supporting the kiss.