Chapter 2: Spells Perfection

"Wait, so he's staying at your place for a whole week?"

"Yes," I said, desperately.

"A whole week?" Jennifer laughs.

"Yes," I say again.

"I can't believe it, a whole week!" she squealed.

"Jennifer, would you focus? I'm serious," I said, feeling annoyed.

I was here, pouring my heart out to my best friend, and only friend, and she was....fangirling.

"I can't believe THE Louis William Tomlinson is staying at your house," she shrieks.

"Jen, you know how I feel about him," I say.

"Eeeeeeeep!"

"I'll call you later. After you're done hyperventilating," I say, rolling my eyes.

I ended the call, and gazed out the window.

Louis and I went to the same school together, ever since the first grade. We used to be pretty good friends, until we hit high school. He starting bullying me with his friends, to raise his own reputation. 

He tried out for the X Factor, and dropped out of school to join some band. I never really saw Louis after that, but I've seen his face on magazines and tv.

Apparently, his band is a big hit. 

Well, why do I care? I can never forget the things he put me through.

"I hate you, Louis Tomlinson," I whispered to myself.

"Miss Valerie, your mother would like you to get ready for the arrival of the Tomlinsons," Marge says curtly.

"Of course. Thank you Marge," I say.

She nods and exits the room. Great, I have to look classy for that idiot.

I lather my face with Lilac fash wash, and massage it with refreshing, cold water. Then, I grab a brush out of the bathroom drawer and run in through my straight, dark brown hair.

I curl my hair so that the perfectly ironed locks fall down my back. 

I scan my wardrobe for something to wear, and then finally decide on a knee-length, strapless midnight blue dress. 

With some light blush, eyeliner, and a few whisks of shiny lipgloss over my supple lips, I was ready.

Ready to face what I had been dreading the whole evening.

"Valerie, the Tomlinsons are here!" my mother yells.

I take in a deep breath and push open the door.

My hand sliding down the railing, I slowly descended the swirl of stairs.

And there I saw them. 

Johanna and Mark seem a bit older compared to when I last saw them, but the same cheery smiles linger on their faces.

I always liked Louis's parents. They're really sweet and caring. Their son on the other hand...

His sisters, Lottie and Fizzy, are sitting on the loveseat. 

I walk up to them and stand beside my mother, who is seated on her armchair. 

Facing me was a very attractive boy with a charming smile and gorgeous, striking blue eyes.

His dark brown hair is styled into a neat quiff, and I can see his abs imprinted against his plain, white shirt. 

His skin was flawless and somewhat tanned. His jaws were chiseled and his cheekbones were really defined. A few swirls of black ink were lined up his arms.

Oh god, this boy spells perfection.

Stop staring, Val. You hate him.

"Valerie, you look beautiful, sweetheart. All grown up," Johanna beamed. She rises to give me a hug. 

"Thank you. You look as beautiful as always," I reply, politely.

I make eye contact with Louis for a split second and quickly look away.

He leans back on his seat and smirks.

His smirk is so sexy. NO, STOP IT VALERIE.

Louis scans my figure up and down, and all of a sudden, I feel self-consicious. 

"Louis, I'm so glad you could finally make it," my mother says.

He is snapped back into reality, and looks at her.

"Me too, Mrs. Matthews. I really missed this place," he says.

"Oh, please, call me Lauren," she says, plastering a forced smile onto her face.

"Ok, Lauren," he grins.

"Well, we've missed you too, Louis. I'm so happy for you," she says.

He doesn't reply and instead looks at me instead.

I look away and bite my lip, hoping he doesn't talk to me. "It's good to see you, Valerie," he says softly.

I snap my head towards him and scowl. He looks taken aback and stays silent. I can feel my mom clenching my arm roughly.

"I mean, you too," I say, without looking at him.

"Lauren, I was hoping we could talk business now. There's no room in his scheduele for the wedding at the moment. We were planning to have it next month, if that's okay with you," Johanna says.

"That would be lovely," my mother says, curtly nodding her head.

"Of course we will have to run all the details by management first. They will be touring North America this month," she continues.

"Perfect," my mom flashes her signature smile. 

I was about to open my mouth and say something, but Louis beats me to it.

"Mum, what're you talking about?" he says, sounding worried.

Johanna shoots my mother and me a sympathetic look and rests her hand on Louis's thigh.

"Valerie, Louis, we need to tell you something," Mark begins.

I look at them anxiously. Please don't be what I think it is.

"You two are getting married."