Chapter 13: She Said Yes

"Yes." 

I manage to shakily breathe out my answer. Thousands of things are floating around in my head at the moment. 

He slept with another girl last night. That's cheating.

But you like him. You've liked him since forever Valerie!

But he's acting like a big d*ck.

"Shut the fvck up," I told myself. I looked right into Louis's eyes, which weren't their normal midnight bluish color, but were now more of a stormy grey. Is he freaking Edward Cullen or something?

"SHE SAID YES!" Simon shouts excitedly into the crowd.

The crowd errupts into applause, and Jen starts sobbing hysterically. Oh boy.

I keep my look fixed on Lou but I can hear the loud screams and shouts coming from all around me. I finally look into the crowd.

The paps are snapping away and yelling questions, struggling against the security that's holding them back.

My mom has a satisfied smile on her face and is shaking hands with some of her assosciates. Like "Congrats, you've successfully forced your daughter into the worst possible decision she could make that will probably ruin her life forever and break her fragile heart."

Louis's family looks so happy, each one of them grinning ear to ear. 

He gets back up on his feet and puts his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. The boys run toward us and engulf us in a big bear hug.

"WE'RE SO HAPPY FER YA MATE!" Niall says.

Harry pretends to fake cry onto Louis's shoulder. "She's stealing you from us, mate."

Louis scoffs and shoves me off roughly to hug Harry back. Wow.

"I'd never ever let that she devil take me away from you, Harbear!!!" Louis comforts.

"She devil?" I thought. 

"Congrats Valerie!" Liam grins, hugging me tightly, "You're finally engaged."

"Yay, hahah," I reply weakly. 

After a while, the congratulating crowd around us disperses, and everything is back to normal. Well, that is, except for the paps throwing a billion questions at me and the occasional celebrity guest coming over to say hi.

Perrie, Danielle, and I are sitting at a table in the crowd, while Ed Sheeran is performing on stage.

Louis is no where in sight, and I can only see Niall and Liam sitting with Siva and Max George from The Wanted.

"This is great! I never knew Louis was going to propose!" squealed Danielle.

"I can't wait to know you better, Val," says Perrie, taking a sip of her drink.

I politely nod and twist the thin bracelet around my wrist, not knowing what to say.

"We're all going to be best friends!" smiles Perrie, showing off her beautiful white pearls. Zayn is really lucky to have this girl.

"Excuse me," snaps Jen, pursing her lips like she always does when she's annoyed, "I'd like to borrow your best friend Valerie for a quick second."

"Oh, I'm sorry, and who are you?" Danielle says, looking puzzled.

"I'm Jennifer. Valerie's, you know, friend."

"Oh," says Danielle perkily, and Perrie just smiles softly.

I laugh uncertainly and get up, dragging Jen away with me into a corner.

"Ok, what's wrong?" I sigh.

"I'm your best friend! ME!" she says snarkily.

"You are!" I say, emphasizing each word.

"Then why are those two bimbos acting like they've known you longer than me?"

"You are so jelly!" I laugh. "Am not," she mumbles, crossing her arms like a little kid.

I link my arm with hers and we walk back to their table, Jen still looking cross.

"Sorry about that," I say to Dani and Perrie. "This is my best friend, the beautiful and unique Jennifer Hashton."

Jennifer gives them a sarcastic smile and I nudge her gently. "Yeah, hi," she says glumly, waving.

"I'm Perrie Edwards," Perrie says happily.

"Danielle Peazer."

"Nice to meet you Jennifer," Perrie says.

"Sorry to interrupt your little girly alliance, but I'd like to borrow Jen for a bit, " Harry says, walking up to us, "Jen, how'd you like to meet Ariana Grande?"

"OH MY GOD, REALLY HARRY?" she says, eyes glittering.

"Yup," he says, popping the p.

"Yes, yes, yes!!!" she screams, grabbing Harry and dragging him away. He laughs heartily and follows.

"LOVE YA JEN, BUT ARIANATORS FOREVER!" she calls back.

I giggle and then sit back down with the girls.

"Looks like we'll be adding our newest edition to the One Direction's Girlfriend Club pretty soon," Danielle winks.