Part 3.

*Cheryl's POV*
Our first day at Riverdale High was interesting to say the least. While some of the other southsiders had less trouble assimilating, Us serpents were bound to struggle.

"Hi, I'm Betty Cooper. I'm your school guide" an enthusiastic blonde said bounding towards us.

"I'm Cheryl, Cheryl Blossom" I knew exactly who she was. My brother Jason was involved with her sister before he was killed. If the Serpents are going to survive at a school like this we would have to have Betty on our side.

"Oh..." She hesitated. She must have heard about Jason on the news "Well I'm pleased to meet you"

Toni shot me a reassuring look and Jughead put his hand on my shoulder supportively as we walked through the halls.

Fang and Sweet Pea took guard-like roles as we walked, snarling at those who dared to stare at our jackets too long.

Betty showed us each to our Home Room classes and explained our timetables to us.

Jughead and I, thank god, were in the same Home Room. I checked my timetable and mentally noted to go to my locker before History first period.

As we walked in the door the room fell quiet. Jughead and I shared a glance and instinctively headed to the back corner of the room.

The looks and not-so-discreet mumbling was consistent throughout the day. Until last period that is.

Toni, Sweet Pea and I were standing by the vending machine in the common room when we heard the argument break out.

A Muscle head in a letterman jacket was squaring up against Jughead and Fangs

"Get our freaks, we don't want lowlife scum here, or I'll kick you out myself Reggie Mantle Style"

He cracked his knuckles and teased for a fight, Jughead was about to throw a punch when Fangs stopped his hand.

We couldn't afford to start shit on the first day. We needed the back up.

"Hey quit it Reggie" said a voice from the crowd now developing around the boys.
"Leave them alone they did nothing to you"

The figure walked over to Jug and shook his hand. "Archie Andrews, nice to meet you" he said "and you are?"

"Fangs" Fogerty said smirking,
"Jughead Jones" he seemed pleased. Like he got a good vibe from Archie. And that hardly ever happened.

"I'm Cheryl, this is Toni and Sweet Pea" I introduced now walking toward the handsome ginger.

The room dispersed almost as quickly as it filled and the mood changed from hostile to gentle almost in the same second.

"I'm watching you" one of the guys in letterman jackets said as he exited.

Toni and I had to get on the Cheer squad fast. At least we'd be safe then.