Part 4.

"So, explain to me why we're trying so hard to fit in exactly?" Toni asked tilting her head back in curiosity and annoyance.

Toni was lying my bed in the back of my trailer at Sunnyside Trailer Park. I moved after I officially emancipated myself from my mother.

"Because darling Topaz, one needs to infiltrate their ranks to truly take them down." I replied now lying next to her on the bed.  "And it's better to bite than get bit"

"Well I stand by you no matter what" she said and placed a delicate kiss on my cheek "Queen of the buskers at your service"

I was comfortable, secure. And then the phone rang.

"Cheryl dear, is that you?" The voice on the other end of the line rang through.
"It's your mother. I need you to come home. We have... things to discuss. And if you're lucky, I won't get the Sisters involved."

I felt my chest tighten and my throat close. The world around started spinning as my breathing became more and more stunted.

Toni shot me a concerned look.

The phone line went dead before I could respond. I wouldn't have been able to speak even if it hadn't.

Toni got up from the bed and raced towards me. Softly holding me. Comforting me.
"What's going on Cheryl?"

"She-she Knows." I spluttered out.

"Knows what baby?"

"I don't - I don't know. She just. Knows."

All at once the images of the Sisters came flooding back, overwhelming my every sense with its clarity.

I could still hear Toni calling my name but I was unreachable. As the memories from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy and all their methods started coming back I shut off.

————————————————————————

When I came to, I was no longer on the dismal floor of my trailer but lying atop the bed. I could hear rustling in the kitchen and the whistle of the kettle and felt myself relax slightly more.

It had been months since the last time I'd had flashbacks. Since the last time I passed out.

"Oh you're awake!" Toni said, relief evident in her voice. "I made you coffee"

She placed the mug on the bedside table and crawled in next to me.

For all reasons I should have been content. But I couldn't stop thinking about Penelope. Or what she could possibly have to say.

////////////////////////////////////////////
A/N: sorry for the filler chapter. This story is obviously AU and still finding its feet. Hope you guys like it though. Favorite, comment and all that stuff x