Part 16.

By the time I'd finished my double shift and made it back to my trailer my mind was reeling. Every possible negative outcome was swirling through my head all at once as I calculated the Pros and Cons of attending Betty's Get-together.

I decided to do some maintenance on my bike as a way of keeping my mind off the topic. Or at least in an attempt to. 

My bike was one of the few material things I really cared about and cleaning it tended to have an overwhelmingly calming effect.

I was in the middle of checking the Motorbike's tyre pressure when I heard a polite cough from behind me. All at once I was overly aware of two things:

1. I was covered in dirt and grime and dressed not quite to my usual standard of appearance in simple black jeans and a Black shirt with cherries.

2. Betty Cooper had come to the South Side.

"Oh, uh... hi!" I said, trying not to sound too off-guard 

"Hey, so I realised that I haven't been so great to you since you arrived and I wanted to make things right. I wanted to check up on you after the other night and I just wanted to let you know that I'm always here if you need anything. Okay?" She smiled sweetly. She was Clasping one hand tightly in the other and shifting her weight. I could tell she was nervous being on the Southside as this was probably her first time here.

"It's okay, really." I smiled back, attempting to be cordial.

"So you'll come tomorrow? My parents are out and I figured I'd make some cupcakes or something and we can play board games? Something calm and relaxed in light of everything happening in this town." She paused, avoiding eye contact at the last sentence. "besides, I really want to impress Jughead. I'm really starting to like him..."

"I'll be there." The words came out sooner than I could think them through and a giant grin spread on the beautiful Blonde's face.

"Thank you so much! And nice bike by the way, those tanks are super fuel efficient." She walked away without another word.

Betty Cooper was a puzzle. One I intended to solve before I let anything more about myself become known to this group. That's for sure.