Part 19

The next few days became hell. I couldn't escape the futile attempts at interrogation our new "friends" were undergoing.

Betty knew I was a Blossom. Why did she act like she knew nothing about it in front of them?

My daydreaming came to a halt as our first period History teacher began our class.

"Good morning students, I have been tasked with giving you the following news. An arrest has been made for the murders of Sweet Pea and Jason Blossom, the police have the suspect in custody and are hoping to go to trial as soon as possible. Cheryl Blossom, Jughead Jones, Toni Topaz and Betty Cooper, you have been asked to report to the station. Please do so now."

We shared confused glances as we all got up and exited our class.

"Thank you for coming," Sheriff Keller stated once we'd arrived at the station. "I understand this is a sensitive issue." He paused, staring deep into my eyes. "We have reason to believe that whoever killed Jason and your friend Sweet Pea, May be targeting you four next..."
The world began to go quiet and my breathing quickened. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, but it wasn't Toni, it felt unfamiliar.
Betty gave me a gentle glance as she retracted her hand.

"What we want you to do," Sheriff Keller said "is to stay together, we don't have the manpower to put guards at each of your residences."

"You can all stay at mine" Betty offered immediately.

"Thank you Miss Cooper. I will be in touch with the details regarding your supervision shortly."

As we all returned to class an overwhelming dread began to build in my chest. Something was deeply off about all this.