Part 10.

As I finished my choreographed dance routine I felt the familiar pang of anxiety come rushing back to me. I wanted them to accept me. I needed them to accept me.

"Wow Cheryl, that was great!" Betty said, "Welcome to the team!"

Toni and Veronica had also been accepted and for the first time since Jason I felt genuinely happy.

"Well," Veronica said clapping her hands together in an attempt to get our attention focused on her "celebration at my place! I can't wait for you guys to meet my old beau and best friend."

"Oolala, Veronica's old boytoy from her mysterious life in New York how exciting!" Josie commented as we changed out of our cheer gear in the locker room.

"Aren't you and Archie kind of a thing now?" Toni asked, clearly picking up on something I hadn't.

"Well, not really... Depends how tonight goes" she winked and threw her purse over her shoulder.

"I will see you girls tonight, seven o'clock." And with that she left.

"Wanna get a bite at Pop's before the party?" Toni asked, holding my hand as we exited the school.

"Uh, yeah sure. Last one there buys milkshakes?" I suggested mounting my bike.

"Oh you're on Bombshell" Toni retorted and we raced off.

/////

"Haha, in your face loser!" I said once Toni finally arrived

"How did you even do that!?" she asked in mock horror, "I was right in front the whole time!"

We sat down at our usual seat at Pop's Choc'lit Shop. As shitty as the Northside was, Pop's always held a special place in my heart.

"What are you ladies having today?" FP asked as he approached our table

"Well milkshakes are on her so I guess I'll have the biggest one you've got" I joked, "Vanilla please."

"Aren't you gonna get any food babe?" Toni asked, looking concernedly over at me.

"Oh yeah, a side of fries too please!"

"And I'll have the same" Toni affirmed

"Coming right up" FP said, and strutted back over to the kitchen.

A couple tables away Jughead was seated the way he usually was, hunched  in front of his laptop with a confused grimace and a gigantic plate of food.

Ever since coming to the North Side he's been keeping his distance a bit, I hope he's okay.

Once he finally looked up from his computer he noticed Toni and myself seated a few tables down and started walking towards us.

"Hey girls" he greeted as he approached the table.

"heyyyy" We said in unison.

"Listen it's super dumb, but are you going to that rich chick Veronica's party tonight?" he asked, suddenly looking desperate for an affirmative answer.

"Indeed we are hobo, are you going to be there?" I asked

"Yeah, Betty invited me..." A faraway look appeared in his eye, as if his mind was miles and miles away.

"You guys seem to be spending a lot of time together since you came up here Jug" Toni inquired.

"Yeah she's really nice, I think I might actually be into her" he looked nervous, like we wouldn't be accepting. As if we had any room to stand on.

"Loner Jones has a girl! Very impressed Juggy" I quipped

"'The Girl Next Door and the Boy From the Wrong Side of the Tracks' I can almost see the headline now" Toni, gesturing to an imaginary Marquee.

"Haha yeah, well I'll see you guys there." He said and left to finish his meal.

Toni and I shared the last of our milkshakes and devoured our plates of fries before heading to Veronica's.

///

"Are you sure we got the address right?" Toni asked as we both pulled up to a larger than life apartment building.

"Yeah, The Pembrook." I said, comparing our location to the address she had texted me.

"Well here goes nothing I guess..."

We were greeted by a kind elderly man named Smithers who directed us on how to get up to Chataú de Lodge.

As we stepped foot out of the elevator and into the lavishly furnished living space I was hit with a gut feeling.

At the time I couldn't place it but now I knew what it was. I knew that night would change everything.

///

A/N: 400 reads! Thank you so much y'all!!