T W O

2| J U S T   L O S T 

THE SOUND OF her brothers bickering was what she woke up to

THE SOUND OF her brothers bickering was what she woke up to. She blinked her eyes groggily and slowly sat up, realising she was in the impala.

"We still have holy oil, right?" Dean asked as he drove. His face stoic, void of emotion.

Sam stared at his brother curiously. "For what?"

"Cause we're gonna have to hit him with everything we got," he replied not once looking away from the road.

" No...we're not going to kill him, Dean," she spoke up. She didn't know why, but she had this urge to defend the nephilim. Her brothers furrowed their eyebrows at her.

" That son of a bitch hurt you Zen! You were lying unconscious on the floor when we found you," He exclaimed.

" He didn't hurt me Dean!" she rolled her eyes at him. Before Dean could say anything else, Sam interrupted the two.

"Hold on a second. Can we just talk about what happened back there?" he stated. Zen zipped her mouth shut and closed her eyes, not wanting to remember what had just happened.

"Sure. Which part? Let's see. Crowley's dead, Kelly's dead, Cas is—" Dean paused sadly. "Mom's gone, and apparently, the Devil's kid hit puberty in thirty seconds flat. Oh, and almost killed us," he said sarcastically.

"Yeah, because you tried to shoot him," Sam scoffed. Zen didn't bother to speak up, knowing her brothers would just ignore her.

"I tried to shoot the monster, Sam. It's kind of what we do."

" He's not a monster!" Zen snapped.

" Zen's right, we don't know what he is yet, Dean. And I had it under control," Sam stated.

"I'm sorry. Are you guys defending the Son of Satan?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

Sam shook his head. " We're not defending anything. I'm just saying, look, with everything that's happened, I'm obviously spun out also, but we need a plan," he tried to explain.

"Yeah, kill him! Okay? That's the plan. Look, right now all that matters is finding him, and ending him, before he hurts anybody else. And once we do that we'll figure everything else out," Dean stated in finality. Zen wanted nothing more than to talk Dean out of it, but she knew it was no use to take the revenge plot off of a Winchester.

Sam sighed in defeat. "What about Cas? Is he - is he really dead?"

Dean went silent for a minute before saying the words she dreaded to hear. "You know he is."