F O U R T Y - F O U R

44| D E A T H

" NO, HELL NO, Dean!", Zenja states with a shake of her head

" NO, HELL NO, Dean!", Zenja states with a shake of her head. She had seen what the apocalypse vampires could do and she wasn't a big fan of it. Now they wanted to dive in head first into their nest? She thought her brother was out of his mind.

Jeremiah raises his hand. " I vouch for not going in the suicide cave as well." Dean glares at him and Jer slowly places his hand back down. " Or maybe I don't ..."

Dean sighs. " Look, we don't have a choice. We need to get to mom and Jack and get you guys the hell out of here."

Zenja steps in front of her brother and looked at him straight in the eyes. " Dean, something bad's going to happen if we do, I can feel it.", she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Dean stared at her for a second before waving her off. " There's no time, Zen. Vampire or not, we've handled those creatures before."

Zenja sighs. " But, Dean—"

" We need to leave, Zen. We're running out of time.", Dean states walking away from her. Zen worriedly looked at his retreating figure and tried to shake off the weird feeling that was creeping up her neck.

>•<

THEY SOON ARRIVED at the entrance of the tunnel. Zenja shudders when she feels the weird energy signals being emitted from inside. Maggie pulls a flashlight from Floyd's pack and hands it to him.

"You good?", she asks him.

Floyd sighs. "What do you think? Second time's a charm, right?"

Floyd then pulls Maggie's flashlight out of her pack and hands it to her. He looks apprehensive and Zen didn't blame him. They were going in the suicide cave.

"All right. Here's the plan. Stay close, keep walking. Anything moves, kill it.", Sam states.

Dean turns around and says, "Let's do this!"

Zenja watches hesitantly as her brothers and the two refugees walked inside the tunnel. She suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder, making her jump in surprise.

Gabriel looks at her worriedly. " Everything's going to be fine...", he reassures.

She gulped and looks at the dark tunnel. " I hope you're right, Gabe.", she mutters before going in.

The group has pulled out glow sticks which they have put around their necks. Sam peels back the corrugated metal covering the tunnel entrance. Dean takes point, shotgun up as the rest of the team follow. Sam enters last, guarding the rear along with Zenja. The group activate the glow sticks and begin to move quietly through the dark and creepy tunnel. Zen fees uneasy as she walks inside the tunnel. She could feel eyes burning holes behind her head.