F I V E

5|  I N N O C E N C E

" ZEN, WAKE up..." Sam whispered as he slowly shook her shoulders.

She groggily opened her eyes and looked around. She was still in the impala but they had stopped at some motel called " The Black Hat".

" I thought we were heading straight to the bunker..." she muttered, still half asleep.

Sam chuckled and watched as she got out of the car. " Dean needed to get some shut eye, you know how he is with his beauty sleep."

She snorted in response and followed him inside the motel.  Dean was talking to the desk clerk while Jack stood awkwardly beside him. She chuckled at the scene before walking over to Jack.

" Hey, J," she said as she approached him.

The nephilim looked at her weirdly. " My name is Jack, not J."

She snorted at his innocence. " It's a nickname, Jack."

" A nickname?"

She nodded. " Yeah, It's a thing that friends or family do. My real name's Zenja but my brothers call me Zen," she explained. Jack nodded slowly at the new information.

" We're...friends?" he questioned.

She chuckled. " Yeah, J. We're friends."

Dean saw their small interaction and rolled his eyes. " Hey! Why don't you make yourself useful and help Sam with the bags yeah?" he said to Jack at stood beside Zen protectively.

Jack awkwardly walked over to Sam, while Zenja gave her brother a look. Dean shrugged at her in response and walked to their room. Once they reached their room, Dean fumbles with the keys since his arms were filled with bags of weapons and other things to help them ward off the angels and demons.

She walked towards her brother and snatched the keys from his hands. " Hey!-" he states as he struggles with his bags. She rolled her eyes at him and opened the door easily.

"This is a bad idea. We should've just kept driving.", Dean grumbled as he walked into the room.

"Dude..." Sam scoffed. "You were hallucinating sheep on the road. We need a few hours."

Zen snickered at her brother's small banter as she turned the lights on.

"This is nice," Jack compliments as he looked around the room in awe.