F O U R T Y - E I G H T

48| F A T H E R S  ,  SON  AND  F U T U R E
D A U G H T E R — I N —  L A W   T I M E

lnewman2015 Here u goo:) Sorry it took so long :(

ZENJA WINCHESTER FOLLOWED the trail of grace that seemed to float in the air

ZENJA WINCHESTER FOLLOWED the trail of grace that seemed to float in the air. She was the only one who could see the trail since she had the ability of sight. Imagine the people's reactions if they could all see what she could see, they'd have nightmares for days.

Zen sighs in relief when she sees Jack sitting against the root of a tree. She frowns when she watches the stray tears rolling down his cheeks, his hand over his ears as if he was trying to block out loud noises. But the forest was silent, all she could hear were the cackling of thunder and the faint sound of the camp.

" J?", she calls softly.

Jack did not respond and continued to close his eyes shut. Zenja pursed her lips and took a careful step towards him. She kneeled in front of him and   carefully reached her hand towards his shoulder.

Jack's eyes snapped open and grabbed her extending arm. The blonde Winchester stared at him with wide, cautious eyes as his grip tightens around her wrist. Jack's eyes softened when he realised who it was. He then took notice of the slightly pained look on her face, she was trying to hide it but he could see right through her facade. He furrowed his brows and looked down, only to realise the death grip he still had on her wrist.

He immediately let go of her and stared as bruises started forming around her wrist. " Zen, I—I'm so sorry. I didn't—I...", he stuttered.

Zen holds her wrist against her chest and softened her eyes at him. " Jack, It's okay—"

Jack shook his head and stood up. " No. It's not okay, I-I hurt you...I didn't—"

Zen placed her hands on his shoulders, and laid her palm against his cheek. " Jack...J, look at me.", she ordered in a stern tone.

His eyes locked with hers, his eyes still brimming with tears. He sighs. " Zen—"

Zenja interrupts him by wrapping her arms around his torso. Jack tenses for a split second but melts into the hug and wraps his arms around her body, pulling her closer to him.

" I'm sorry—"

" You don't have to apologise, J.", she mumbles against his chest. They stayed silent after that, entangled between each other's arms. Zen could hear his heart pounding against his chest, she knew something was bothering him. Jack on the other hand held her tight, afraid she might slip away from his hands once again. He remembered the feeling of dread, the numbness that seemed to cover his body the moment he found out she had died. But now all of a sudden, she's alive and well with his biological father trailing behind her. It felt unreal, it still did. Never would he have thought of speaking with his father through some kind of link, let alone looking at him straight in the eye. Everything was happening so fast, it mad him feel dizzy.