Chapter 9

Ariana's P.O.V

After realizing the subject of my writing, I felt more . . .vulnerable. Better yet said, exposed. I knew that Harry and the rest didn't know, but I felt as if it somehow caused them to find out too. I also felt exposed to myself. It was a strange feeling. I didn't like it. I walked into the arena early in the morning to rehearse for the concert scheduled to take place tomorrow. I was more alert than usual. My eyes were darting around, hoping that someone didn't come up to me. Praying that they didn't suspect anything from my tensed actions. As I was too busy looking behind me, checking to see if anyone was looking at me, I bumped into something hard. My startled gaze traveled in front of me. How ironic that the person that I least wanted to come across was the one that I'd bumped into.

"Ariana? Are you okay?" Harry's concerned tone asked me.

I nodded faster than I'd intended to, probably coming off as lying, "I'm fine."

I walked away before he could start a conversation with me, letting out a sigh of relief when he didn't press on the subject.

"Ariana!" My choreographer and my vocal coach greeted me. I smiled at them in response.

"Today, I think you should sing Tattooed Heart. You perform it really well and it will be a great way to start off the show tomorrow." Lydia, my vocal coach suggested.

I widened my eyes. The night before I'd realized that the song was one of the main songs about him in particular. I couldn't help but insanely assume that she knew about it. Nevertheless, I slowly nodded.

"Great! We should get to work on that! Isaac, take the day off, the song doesn't need choreography."

Isaac, my choreographer, was more than happy with the idea of a day off. I slightly envied him for it. It's not that I didn't like my job. I did. But, I needed more time to clear my head. I wasn't completely sure if I was okay with my discovery.

"C'mon honey!" Lydia smiled at me.

I smiled back and picked up my microphone.

We did our usual warm ups and vocal exercises. I also went over the verses of the song over three times for extra practice and she dismissed me politely after about three exhausting hours of rehearsal. I had a huge headache. It literally felt like my brain was trying to find a way to squeeze out of my skull. I was drained out of energy and couldn't wait to plop down on the hotel bed and doze off into a deep and peaceful sleep. I walked over to the exit doors and pulled them open, in front of me stood Nathan with a dozen roses and a half grin on his face.

"For my lovely lady."

He outstretched his arm in attempt to hand me the roses. I took them with a small, yet appreciative smile on my face. His smile got wider when I accepted them.

"I'm sorry, Ari." He apologized, sounding sincere.

I winced when he called me Ari. Only my family, Gemma, and Harry called me that. I felt that he wasn't allowed to. I kept my mouth shut though. Honestly, I liked the way Harry said it more. I shook my head slightly at my ridiculous thought and looked into Nathan's blue-green eyes, and made my eyes smile along with my lips. I sighed.

"It's alright, but you really were an ass and I don't like that side of you."

He nodded quickly.

"I'm sorry, and I promise that I not be rude to you ever again . . ." He paused and I raised my eyebrows, "even around Harry." He finished, he sounded as if his words were hard to get out. He must really not like Harry.

"Okay." I accepted his apology once again.

"So, uh, how about that restaurant date?" He asked me, smiling coyly. He looked incredibly innocent. Cute even.

I chuckled, "Alright, fine."

He grinned big, and offered me to link my arm in his. I did.

I noticed that he went past the parking lot. I looked at him, confused.

"Nathan? You didn't drive here?"

He shook his head, "Why? Do you not want to walk or somethi-" he rushed out his words worriedly.

"No, no, it's not that, it's just, you walked all this way?"

"Well, yeah. I thought it'd be more romantic." He smiled shyly.

My smile got a little wider at that.

"Don't worry. The restaurant is not very far." He continued.

"Okay."

-----------------------

•I know this is a short chapter, and I'm really sorry!

•I've been working on a lot of things including the book trailers!🙊

•I hope you liked this little chapter!💕

•Please read/comment/vote 💎

•Love you all!💋

*The next chapter will be Nathan and Ariana's date!✨