VII. Couple Things

♡Roshni's POV♡

Today is the day.

Today is the day when I and Gaurav will get married.

These two months have passed too quickly for my liking. Each day was hectic with wedding preparations and we hardly got time for meeting or chat. But even if we talked, it was mostly regarding the wedding functions and nothing much. Plus, he has work commitments. His business needed him nearly 12-13 hours a day and he even worked on Sunday, so we hardly met a handful times during this period.

I wasn't disappointed with the lack of communication. I was just upset with myself for expecting from him. I knew, this is just an arrangement and nothing more. I cannot expect normal couple things from him, we are just friends.

And he can't always roam around me. He has work, his family and friends. I am just a roommate.

I am so stupid. Just because he took me out for an entire day for food tasting and knowing my preferences. It doesn't mean that he will spend all the days similarly. He isn't my lover.

But friends are supposed to talk daily. Hangout a few times in a week. Right?

Stop Roshni, you are again expecting time and attention. Wasn't one lesson enough for you? When boyfriend never cared then why will a casual friend care?

I lower my gaze to see the engagement ring around my ring finger. It is a peacock feather ring with a 'G' engraved into the feather.

Two days back, in the morning we had mehandi (henna) function then we exchanged ring in the late evening.

He fulfilled his promise to ask my parents to allow me to wear a princess gown as he wanted to wear a tuxedo. The menu in every function had 60% of my selected dishes.

He was fulfilling his each promise, but why do I still feel the emptiness?

No, I am just overthinking. Who does so much in today's time? He is doing and I am being a greedy person by expecting more.

I am such a selfish and greedy person.

I look at myself in the mirror, all dolled up in a red lehenga, gold jewelery and make-up. Ready to get married.

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves and stop overthinking. My mind is running with 1700 thoughts per minute. And I will turn insane if I continued anymore.

Thank God, the door of the green room opens and my friends Candy and Jerry enter. I smile at them through the mirror, but they don't acknowledge and walk towards the right side of the room to grab a large towel.

Then Jay and Durga enter the room, smiling at me. Durga praises my look to which I smile and thank her.

Candy comes to stand beside me, while Jay goes to help Jerry for holding the ends of the towel. I remain confused with their act and before I can react, the view of the door is blocked with the towel.

Durga clears my silent confusion, "Gaurav wants to talk with you. But the bride and groom can't see each other till the sacred time of the marriage. So, a towel wall will prevent you from seeing him and vice versa."

"But what does he want to talk about? And now? Just half an hour prior to our marriage."