XIX. Unexpected (new)

♡Roshni's POV♡

A series of notification ringtone disturbs my slumber and I remain motionless on the bed. It must be Alia, sending pictures of last night and tagging us on the social media. That girl's life practically revolves around photography and social media.

But I am too tired to move, we returned home at 2 am. I am so glad his parents asked to rest for today and take Romeo tomorrow. Additionally, the animal has taken a liking towards Ayaan and vice versa. It fascinates them to see someone different than others and they remain busy among themselves. That reduces his parents' efforts and I don't have to worry for overburdening them.

I move to my left, only to be held back by a hand over my waist. I open my eyes and blink a few times to view clearly. He is sleeping on his stomach with his arm over my waist and head close to mine on my pillow.

We have slept this close before, but for some reason the proximity causes me to shiver with an unknown sensation. It excites me to a different level and I crave for more. Even my brain doesn't interfere by sending negative vibes. Everything seems so perfect.

But I am scared what if his thoughts are not drifting in the same direction where mine are. What if he suddenly changes his mind? I don't want to ruin our friendship in something else. I don't-

He groans, pulling me out of my thoughts and murmurs profanities for the continous ringtone. Alia is ruining everyone's slumber this morning.

I assume him to wake up, only to be surprised as he snuggles against me and buries his head in the crook of my neck. Since we were tired and didn't even change clothes before sleeping last night. His stubble gently scratches my exposed shoulder, causing goosebumps to form on my skin. His hot breaths falling on my neck, remind me of our proximity last night at the pub.

We never left each other's side, my three musketeers gave me suspicious looks, Jay smirked and Durga was happy, while his siblings teased us. Yet I never moved away from him neither he removed his hand from my waist. It was new, still natural and calming to have him so close to me.

I feel him move again and clench the bedsheet in my fist. His lips brush against my shoulder before he lift his head to face me. I drown in his unique aqua blue eyes, which were wide awake and seem to lost every ounce of sleep. None of us utter a word and his hand cup my cheek.

Slowly he leans towards my forehead to drop a kiss and I close my eyes as his lips stay longer than usual. His lips part from my skin and land on my closed left eye then the right one. I tighten my grip on the bedsheet when his lips press a kiss to my left cheek. It brings back the memory of the night before, though he doesn't stop there and I feel his lips on my right cheek.

His hand slides from my other shoulder to my hand and releases the bedsheet from my hold. His fingers laces with mine and my breath hitches as his lips press a feather kiss to my jaw. It continues a slow journey towards my neck, dropping kisses at every inch. Soon his lips part, leaving deep kisses on my entire neck that leaves me breathless. I moan at the sensation and clench against his fingers.

My reaction stops his actions immediately and his lips no longer touching me. I take a few breaths to calm myself before opening my eyes. We look at each other for a moment, him observing me and I wrapping my mind around this moment between us.

"Though it happened unintentionally and in the heat of the moment. I am not going to move away, stay awkward for the day and get back to normal tomorrow by pretending that nothing happened between us. Do you want to pretend that?"

I shake my head in negative and he asks, "Do you think I am taking advantage of your trust?"

I shake my head in negative again without wasting a second and he smile before leaning to kiss my forehead. But this kiss wasn't long and intense as earlier.