XIV. Ruined (new)

♡Gaurav's POV♡

I wake up to the sound of Roshni's voice and open my eyes slowly. She is sitting beside me on the bed with legs crisscrossed and her phone pressed to her ear.

"Don't worry Candy. You will definitely impress your seniors in this project. You are a hardworking and intelligent girl. You can do it."

I smile at her words and move closer to lay my head on her lap. This catches her attention and she smiles at me before going back to motivating her friend. While I close my eyes and feel her fingers caressing my forehead.

Ever since her kiss to my forehead two weeks back, we have rapidly grew closer. We have shared deeper secrets and talked on matters, which can be awkward for opposite genders to discuss. But we are too comfortable and never judged each other, which killed every last ounce of hesitation between us.

However, since three days a thought is bothering me.

Pratham.

Roshni thinks we are hiding the fact of our arrangement because he is Tanushree's brother. He might feel guilty to know that I had completely given up on relationships and opted for an arrangement. But I never corrected her misinterpretation and kept the truth hidden. Honestly, I don't have the courage to confess the same.

I made sure that we act like a loving couple in his presence, so he doesn't doubt a thing. He CANNOT know that I and Roshni are only friends, nothing more.

Though it didn't take much effort for my non-biological parents to detect the reason. Three days back, they came uninformed at my office. They asked me to share the truth with Roshni because she has every right to know. 

They are right, however I am scared to share the truth with Roshni. I don't know how she will react and honestly I am even more scared of my intuition. Their learning of truth can lead to something, which I don't have the heart to accept.

And this is confusing me from a couple of days. I don't know why the feeling of protectiveness is growing day after day towards her. I don't want to risk her safety at any cost. I want to see her happy and peaceful each day of her life. I can't bear the thought of tears in her eyes and-

"How is your headache now?"

I face her to find the same concern in her eyes, which I saw last night. These thoughts and confusion caused a severe headache. I couldn't sleep and tossed on the bed, which woke her up. Despite my refusal, she made a herbal tea and massaged my head till I fell asleep on her lap.

Her care undoubtedly helped my headache. Though it added to my confusion when I woke up after an hour to find her sleeping in the sitting position. My head on her lap and her fingers subconsciously caressing my forehead.

She didn't move to avoid disturbing my slumber and it stirred something in me. Something unknown and mostly indescribable.

Additionally, when I moved her to lay on the bed. I cuddled with her and kissed her forehead. 

Yes, she asked me to not ask before doing so, but I have only kissed her when she needed comfort or assurance. Never have I ever kissed her for my wish or touched until she would come to hold me in her slumber. It only adds to my confusion because I knew she is a heavy sleeper and doesn't feel a thing. I knew it's ethically wrong and I had practically taken advantage of her trust.

Yet I failed to stop myself, it feels as if my rationality had vanished at that time. I ignored every logic and did what my heart desired.

I am again pulled out of my thoughts when she calls my name. I sit up and run my fingers through my hairs in frustration. This is so confusing and I feel my headache returning with increased force.