XVI. Undivided Support and Care (new)

♡Roshni's POV♡

He cups my cheek to plant a gentle kiss to my forehead as we stand near the exit of our home. He is leaving for work and I came to drop him till the door.

Since two nights back, he has become extra caring towards me and even I have broken my promise to do something special for him. I made a breakfast to cheer him up the next morning, which consist of smiley pancakes, good morning with half sun written with chocolate sauce on the plate, fruits cut with alphabet cookie cutter to make his name and hot chocolate with marshmallow.

After Danish, I had promised myself to never do anything more than what I shall receive. I would never give the opportunity to anyone to hurt me. I will protect my feelings and invest limited efforts in the relationships.

But now, I don't mind breaking that promise because I know, he deserves this effort and will never hurt me ever in the future.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when he pulls away and whispers, "Take care and I will come soon for the dinner at your Uncle's place."

I sigh in sadness before asking, "Can't we make an excuse for the dinner? I don't wanna go."

He reasons, "It's his birthday and he called me to invite us, plus your family will expect you. We have to go, Your Majesty."

I retort, "Exactly, he called you and not me, so I am uninvited and can't come. Simple."

He chuckles before commenting, "After marriage, we are one. There is no need to invite both separately."

I cross my arms and argue, "That's cheating, injustice and inappropriate. I resign from the wife's post."

He informs, while grinning in amusement, "If I hadn't fixed a meeting with my client then I would have stayed back to continue this interesting argument. But forgive me for wanting to fulfil my work commitment, Your Majesty."

I punch his stomach playfully for teasing me and he plants another kiss to my forehead, while promising, "We won't stay long, don't worry."

I nod and bid bye as he turns to leave for work, while I complete some chores before leaving for Papa's office.

#

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, while listening to my aunt and mother's speech, "Exactly, one should plan kids before 30 and you are turning 26 in 8 months, Roshni. Your body will not support the child birth later. Plan now."

Tonight I will plan different ways to use Jerry's weapons on Gaurav for forcing me to come here. I gave him numerous reasons, yet he didn't listen, so he better watch out.

Even Ruchi decides to give her precious inputs, "Yes, even I want a niece or nephew."

Someone come and kidnap me! I promise to co-operate with the kidnapper.

Seems like God heard my plea and blessed my soul because my cousin arrives with the cake. I run from the kitchen to call the men from the living room.

Yes, men and women sit separately during get-together. Actually, women sit in the kitchen for the preparations and men keep ordering to bring drinks, snacks, food, etc. I don't understand, how they call it even a get-together.

Once I suggested, let's do a reversal and let the men serve to us. But everyone glared and scolded me as if I asked them to kiss the neighbour's wife in their own wife's presence. Men won't melt into water if they served a glass of water to their wife or sister and why can't women encourage them instead of making fun of their initiative?