XVIII. This Closeness (new)

♡Roshni's POV♡

I sit beside Durga on the dining table, while his family showers him with love, wishes and gifts. Even Romeo jumps on his lap with a flower in his mouth, which I trained him to give to Gaurav as a birthday gift. He rewards the obedient pet with some snacks and caresses Romeo's back, who eats and purrs in delight with the affection.

Then he turns to face me with a smile, but I lower my gaze to avoid the eye-contact. The sensation of his lips and stubble is still lingering on my skin. It is exciting me for some unknown reason and I fail to understand why I didn't push him away. In fact, I hugged him and felt safe in his arms. 

I close my eyes to divert my mind and calm my fastening heartbeats. It was just a casual kiss to my cheek. I don't know why I am so affected? We didn't French kiss or-

"What is my son's wife thinking?"

I turn to find Jay sitting at Durga's place. When did she leave? And when did he come to me? And why is his eyes shining with mischief?

He comments with a smirk, "So the eye game has started. Interesting, very interesting."

I don't understand why Jay smirks, giggles and sometimes winks whenever I and Gaurav are involved. He watches us intensely every time and doesn't leave an opportunity to pass a comment.

"What eye game?"

"You tell me. Despite having his favourite Ayaan on his lap, Gaurav's eyes are glued on you. Did I miss something?"   

I clench my fist to remain composed as the flashes of our moment fills my mind.

I shift my gaze to Gaurav and indeed his eyes were glued on me even after a sad Ayaan is patting on his chest for attention. I wanted to look away and avoid the eye-contact, but his unique aqua blue eyes has kept me hypnotized under their spell.

However, Alia's announcement of cake cutting breaks our eye-lock and I turn to face a grinning Jay, who then starts giggling.

I sigh at his silly behavior and stand to join the family. Jay follows soon then Gaurav cuts cake after making a wish and blowing the candle. He takes a piece and goes towards his mom, who she shakes her head in negative.

"After marriage, first right belongs to the wife. Go to Roshni."

I shake my head at her words, but she just smiles at me and Gaurav walks closer. I forwards the piece and I eat half before feeding him the other half.

Alia comments, while clicking pictures, "Awwww such a sweet moment between the love birds."

I lower my gaze as Jay smirks at me and Gaurav goes to feed cake to everyone. Soon everyone leaves after eating the cake and some snacks. Romeo slept long back on the couch, so I didn't disturb him before going to bed. We had to wake up early in the morning and visit temple.

I just hope I stay on my side during my slumber and not go to hold him. For some reason, our closeness is stirring something in me.

#

I comb my hairs after doing a little make-up for the family lunch. We visited the temple with his parents and spent some time with them at a cafe. Now we have to rush for the lunch because my family has already messaged me that we are leaving for the restaurant.