VIII. Special Moments (unedited)

♡Roshni's POV♡

I and Gaurav have come for honeymoon.

Yesterday after completing the temple ritual, we visited my home for the pagphere ritual, last one from my side of the family. It consisted of a normal lunch and giving him a few gifts or cash envelopes as a gesture to bless him.

My family was more concerned in pampering him, THEIR SON-IN-LAW and I used that time to enjoy lunch with my three Musketeers.

Later, Gaurav helped me to arrange my things in his room before we packed the small bags for the honeymoon.

Well I agreed to stay in his room for two reasons. One, we feared of his parents or siblings coming anytime as they have the keys. Two, we have to be comfortable with each other in every way because when we go on a family trip or visit some relative's home then we shouldn't worry about sharing a room or bed.

Plus, Sourav wouldn't have booked two rooms or two single beds.

But what he booked, scared the hell out of me.

A few vanilla scented candles are placed around the room. The lights are dim and the air conditioner is set at the lowest temperature. The bed has a large heart made with red rose petals. The curtains are shut and a bottle of red wine with two glasses is resting on the wooden table at the end of the bed.

There is also a bowl of fresh strawberries and a huge basket of nearly 50 condoms placed on the dressing table.

Who the hell needs so many condoms for just one week?

Suddenly I regret my decision to come for honeymoon. I would have rested at the guest room of his home alone in the safety.

"I will make this room a bit.....umm livable for us."

I haven't faced him from the last 10 minutes of entering this room and I have no courage to do that any time soon. I guess, the basket of condoms will forever haunt my memory and make me shiver in embarrassment.

Sourav is a dangerous man and NEVER accept any gift from him EVER AGAIN.

I watch him rolling the top sheet and keeping it aside to remove the heart. He turns on the lights to normalize the effect and slides the curtains open, allowing us to have the beach view. Keeping the wine bottle and strawberries in the mini fridge, he throws the condoms in the dustbin.

Then he faces me to gesture towards the bed to sit, but I take the coffee table's armchair near the window and take a view of the beach. It's quite peaceful and calm, perfect for relaxing.

But I am still terrified with Sourav's stunt to relax.

"It's 4 pm. We will rest for the day and go to roam tomorrow."

I turn to find him, sitting on the edge of the bed and nod at his words, making him sigh in defeat.

"I didn't knew, my brother would go to this level. Honestly, I was just expecting flowers and candles or something similar. Not strawberries, wine or condoms. Can you not be so uptight with me? You know, I am too scared of Jinal to even hold your hand without your consent."